Discussion The Random Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a heap of those on Marketplace between $500 and $1000. Is it a slasher or do they mow lawns as well? I need a self propelled mower for up at the bush. I've been doing it with a normal mower and it takes too long and it's a bit hilly so hard work.

There are a heap of those on Marketplace between $500 and $1000. Is it a slasher or do they mow lawns as well? I need a self propelled mower for up at the bush. I've been doing it with a normal mower and it takes too long and it's a bit hilly so hard work.
Get a ride on.

They are a beast of an machine will plough through real heavy stuff but still give a good cut they are a big machine. Honda self propelled are an great machine for domestic type lawns but are expensive brand new

They are a beast of an machine will plough through real heavy stuff but still give a good cut they are a big machine. Honda self propelled are an great machine for domestic type lawns but are expensive brand new

I do love my Honda mower. That might be more my thing.

If they are $500 - $1000 most likely not in great shape good ones around $1500 to $2000

I do love my Honda mower. That might be more my thing.
They are great mowers, I use the honda self propelled commercial mower normally get 18 months out them before gear box goes around 50 mows a week . have 3 in the shed that i just need to replace the gear box lol

If its a real "block up the bush" the Deutscher is the go. Turns a metre of kike/bracken into a "lawn" in an instant.

But if its actually a "country retreat" perhaps you should get your man to do it for you instead.

If its a real "block up the bush" the Deutscher is the go. Turns a metre of kike/bracken into a "lawn" in an instant.

But if its actually a "country retreat" perhaps you should get your man to do it for you instead.

It's proper bush, like starts turning back into the bush if you leave it for a month. It's lawn along the river bank and the start of two gullies then turns into forest and the forest is always creeping back over into the cleared parts. It's always got a fair amount of small branches dropped over it. The big mower probably makes sense. I'd like a ride on but there are steep bits.

How fast does it go? Can I ride it on the footpath down to the shops?
they make special ones for that

Goliath2020ReSize__96824.1574742890.345.270.jpg

Its a Husq
Ill keep it till im in the new joint
Which will be another year prob 18 months

Could come in handy mowing the block b4 the house starts

My previous Husq was garbage, the salesman had to do a really good job to convince me to buy another. He did, I did, i like it . The only thing that the old one did well that the new one didn't was the stubby holder. Either i'm missing an insert or i have to buy an insert for it to work on the new one.

A self propelled takes the hills out but probably won't make things much quicker unless its got a huge cutting deck.

I'm guessing you get there , and the grass is too long but you're only staying a couple of days so you want to get it out of the way.

Even at my place in the burbs you need two, the rider and the one that you use where the rider can't go.
Catcher's are probably a pain in the ass and they can clog at the rear and make the mowing take a lot longer if the grass is long.
Big Bob's were pretty good for rough places , but i don't think there is a self propelled version.

For larger lawns, the BigBob with the Honda GXV160 engine is superb. Do install 2 sets of blades to make cutting easier and faster (1 pair flat and one pair 'low lift' to assist discharge). No catcher means you just keep going and the clippings mulch into the turf. The trick with utility mowers (side discharge) is to cut the grass a little higher and more often so you are not trying to cut down more than 3-5cm at a time. That way there is no trail of clippings and you get great results. The large ball bearing wheels and light weight deck make mowing a stroll in the park. It even works well on damp grass subject to the above operating style. I can do my 1/2 acre lot plus street front in 40 minutes.

A self propelled takes the hills out but probably won't make things much quicker unless its got a huge cutting deck.

I'm guessing you get there , and the grass is too long but you're only staying a couple of days so you want to get it out of the way.

Even at my place in the burbs you need two, the rider and the one that you use where the rider can't go.
Catcher's are probably a pain in the ass and they can clog at the rear and make the mowing take a lot longer if the grass is long.
Big Bob's were pretty good for rough places , but i don't think there is a self propelled version.

For larger lawns, the BigBob with the Honda GXV160 engine is superb. Do install 2 sets of blades to make cutting easier and faster (1 pair flat and one pair 'low lift' to assist discharge). No catcher means you just keep going and the clippings mulch into the turf. The trick with utility mowers (side discharge) is to cut the grass a little higher and more often so you are not trying to cut down more than 3-5cm at a time. That way there is no trail of clippings and you get great results. The large ball bearing wheels and light weight deck make mowing a stroll in the park. It even works well on damp grass subject to the above operating style. I can do my 1/2 acre lot plus street front in 40 minutes.

Yeah at the moment it's the push Honda and a whipper snipper. It takes freaking ages and works the hammies and calves pretty hard. I've cut a few trees off at ground height so you get the sound of the blades hitting the covered over timber and it wakes you up. I've been keeping it mowed lately and not letting it get out of hand though which helps make it less painful. The grass up there from a wet summer looks like a golf course. I wish the home lawn looked as good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's proper bush, like starts turning back into the bush if you leave it for a month. It's lawn along the river bank and the start of two gullies then turns into forest and the forest is always creeping back over into the cleared parts. It's always got a fair amount of small branches dropped over it. The big mower probably makes sense. I'd like a ride on but there are steep bits.
Sounding very much like Deutscher country to me - will do the rough stuff and will turn the riverbank into lawn.

Then again you could spend a lazy $25k on a Grillo 10.27 AWD

I know he got done but this s**t makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up. First to walk-out, in-front of 96,000 people. Can feel the atmosphere through the screen.

tt7809420_1_1649398673.jpg
That Dirty Black Bag
Date: 2022
Stars: Dominic BOOTH, Travis FIMMEL (Vikings), Aidan GILLAN. Zoe Boyle (Sons of Anarchy and Downton Abbety)

Plot: A raw, epic and romantic spaghetti western series about the dark side of the Far West
Its been pretty cool so far...imo.... if your into the genre!

Last edited:
View attachment 1383951
That Dirty Black Bag
Date: 2022
Stars: Dominic BOOTH, Travis FIMMEL (Vikings), Aidan GILLAN. Zoe Boyle (Sons of Anarchy and Downton Abbety)

Plot: A raw, epic and romantic spaghetti western series about the dark side of the Far West
Its been pretty cool so far...imo.... if your into the genre!

You're a Sci-Fi fan aren't you? Raised by Wolves is okay and has Fimmel in it. He's done better out of acting than he did on the footy field.

You're a Sci-Fi fan aren't you? Raised by Wolves is okay and has Fimmel in it. He's done better out of acting than he did on the footy field.
FIMMEL's also in Danger Close ...Recent... about LONG TAN...looking forward to seeing that. (minus the facial hair) very different lookl

Generally speaking I love Sci Fi but Westerns are a lifelong habit...from Boarding School days when on Saturday night the boarders would be shown a double feature every Saturday night! Many of which were spaghetti westerns.

After all we live in the Golden Age of Cinema.....chances are that there may never be another time like it. Sure Literature Music and Art are still produced but each has had its HIGHEST PINNACLE.... The last 100 years of cinema speaks of this, imo!

I often wonder, should the world experience the potential catastrophes that are on selection, that in some obscure way we will be dusting through the Film gems, watching those that will never be able to be made again...albeit on some broken down projector, running off the humblest of power supplys.

FIMMEL's also in Danger Close ...Recent... about LONG TAN...looking forward to seeing that. (minus the facial hair) very different lookl

Generally speaking I love Sci Fi but Westerns are a lifelong habit...from Boarding School days when on Saturday night the boarders would be shown a double feature every Saturday night! Many of which were spaghetti westerns.

After all we live in the Golden Age of Cinema.....chances are that there may never be another time like it. Sure Literature Music and Art are still produced but each has had its HIGHEST PINNACLE.... The last 100 years of cinema speaks of this, imo!

I often wonder, should the world experience the potential catastrophes that are on selection, that in some obscure way we will be dusting through the Film gems, watching those that will never be able to be made again...albeit on some broken down projector, running off the humblest of power supplys.

They will have a dvd in their hands thinking how good the pictures are on the cover and wondering if Max will find enough petrol to take his XC and scavenge through the desert for a solar powered blueray player.

They will have a dvd in their hands thinking how good the pictures are on the cover and wondering if Max will find enough petrol to take his XC and scavenge through the desert for a solar powered blueray player.
Yes and episodes of Master Chef dreaming of the heaven that once existed, where food production and creation was as endless as WONKA's chocolate fountain! While they are scratching around in the dirt finding termites and cockroaches for a nutritious daily meal!

If you

If you like Sci-Fi then the expanse is my favourite in recent memory. It’s a mix of a game of thrones style multi character story in a hard sci fi world. Fantastic world building and a lot works to keep you grounded amongst all the sci fi. Things like gravjty on the ships coming from constant acceleration in one direction and flipping halfway through the journey to brake while maintaining the acceleration the other way to keep gravity going.

The factions are all humans, Earth, the settlers on mars and the poor people living in the asteroid belt mining s**t.

If you

If you like Sci-Fi then the expanse is my favourite in recent memory. It’s a mix of a game of thrones style multi character story in a hard sci fi world. Fantastic world building and a lot works to keep you grounded amongst all the sci fi. Things like gravjty on the ships coming from constant acceleration in one direction and flipping halfway through the journey to brake while maintaining the acceleration the other way to keep gravity going.

The factions are all humans, Earth, the settlers on mars and the poor people living in the asteroid belt mining s**t.

I really liked the first few series but it's getting a bit s**t towards the later ones. Too much same same and the characters aren't as good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back