Discussion The Random Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You prefer test cricket then ? So do I. Don't mind the odd bit of T20 though.
I used to watch the cricket until the super team of Ponting Hayden Langer Warne McGrath etc disbanded. Can't bring myself to watch it anymore. I watched The Test last year or whenever it was and that got me into it again but not for long.

Dec 4, 2000
The Bay
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NO Saints LUFC
You prefer test cricket then ? So do I. Don't mind the odd bit of T20 though.

I am a cricket nut. Have been known to sit at a local park and watch cricket for hours.

Can't come limited over matches let alone T20. Repetitively boring is the kindest way to describe that garbage

I am a cricket nut. Have been known to sit at a local park and watch cricket for hours.

Can't come limited over matches let alone T20. Repetitively boring is the kindest way to describe that garbage

Same, this T20 is hilarious though, being in the UAE I'm pretty sure any of us can just stick a bat out and fine edge it for 6 no problem.

Spectacle for the sport it is not.

Don't mind limited overs though, it was nice to see a structured batter progress despite everything and bowlers still had enough leeway to trial and progress through. T20 for me is just too far in that format, where anyone who was one or likes bowling hates it and anyone licking being in padding whilst people throw balls at you love it. It's like rewarding the stupid people as opposed to crafting success.

Mowman

Cancelled
Day Off
Veteran St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2023 10k Posts St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2022 St Kilda - James Frawley Player Sponsor 2021 Saints Pledge Contributor St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019
May 19, 2013

Yep can watch test cricket from 1st ball to last ball, don't turn the other stuff on

Geary Is GOAT

Premiership Player
May 4, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda

My entire experience with the big bash league is having it on in the background on warm summer nights at 11pm occasionally glancing at it.

Clearly someone's watching but there's just nothing there for me other than background noise.

On Pixel 5 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sep 26, 2021
Saturn
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Anyone with Kayo and a spare 30 minutes should watch the replay of last 5 overs of the T20 semi final vs Pakistan. Amazing stuff !
Matty Wade looks a bit like Dean Kent I reckon, also like Kent, a tough little bugger, not as talented as some but puts in a fair bit of
grunt and effort. It's worth a watch. Especially the looks on the Pakistan fans faces - who make up the majority of the crowd, in the last over
when things start to go to crap, big time. Inspiring !

Anyone with Kayo and a spare 30 minutes should watch the replay of last 5 overs of the T20 semi final vs Pakistan. Amazing stuff !
Matty Wade looks a bit like Dean Kent I reckon, also like Kent, a tough little bugger, not as talented as some but puts in a fair bit of
grunt and effort. It's worth a watch. Especially the looks on the Pakistan fans faces - who make up the majority of the crowd, in the last over
when things start to go to crap, big time. Inspiring !
Watched the last 10 yesterday. Goes against my most boring sport on earth comment, but I can't say no to a good run chase. Might even watch the final on Monday morning.

Watched the last 10 yesterday. Goes against my most boring sport on earth comment, but I can't say no to a good run chase. Might even watch the final on Monday morning.

You have "moments" in such games that stand out, ie first over in Namibia v Scotland;
1636782833631.png

Sure, minnow match and lol right? But that over was up there with Afridi's v India, both of them just made anyone batting look utterly incompetent.

Can really just get away with watching the highlights if you have no real desire to sit through 3 hours of the match. As say with the above instance, great first 10, obviously got dispatched a little in the last 10 to go from 3 for 2 to 3 for 17 off 4, still great figures but could have been much much better without BS luck late. So the rest of the match was kinda meh.

There is a new season of Dexter on Showtime for anyone that watched the show.

I dropped off towards the end of the old ones. Is the new one any good? I need a new series. I've caught up on succession and not used to waiting any more.

Mowman

Cancelled
Day Off
Veteran St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2023 10k Posts St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2022 St Kilda - James Frawley Player Sponsor 2021 Saints Pledge Contributor St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019
May 19, 2013
I dropped off towards the end of the old ones. Is the new uneasy good? I need a new series. I've caught up on succession and not used to waiting any more.
Have you watched “You”

I dropped off towards the end of the old ones. Is the new one any good? I need a new series. I've caught up on succession and not used to waiting any more.
It is a 10 part once off series set 10 years after the events in Miami. At the moment one episode has been released and it was good. Tomorrow is the second episode.

Mowman

Cancelled
Day Off
May 19, 2013
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back