Discussion The Random Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that sucks this joint will be boring for the next week

until the other day I had never mentioned Covid19 on here but its a bit different when its your kids like gringo and myself, you just need an outlet sometimes

Hopefully its overturned soon
Yep just waiting on his reply

Banned for a year?

AQyApFQ.gif

Agree George. However too touchy for whom?
Surely these adults can self regulate and exclude themselves from a discussion on the largest topic on planet earth if it’s too much for them to handle.
I get that it is a footy forum first and foremost, but there’s value in a multitude of “off-topic” subjects discussed on BigFooty.
Valuable opinions and insights to be shared.
I always found it laughable that the few ruin it for the many, commonplace pretty much everywhere these days.

Agree on all counts, imo no topic should be off limits as long as discussed respectfully

The issue is we've tried multiple times and unfortunately the discussion doesn't stay respectful for long. It just made sense to say that these discussions should take place in their own specific sections, which takes the conflict and tension out of our own board. In the end it is nice to have a place to escape from it all where you don't have to see or hear about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All good
I knew i shouldn't have put it there but it was a strange day with both daughters having what we can't speak about

Its a pity both you daughters are housebound and i'm sure we all wish them the best and hope you don't catch what they have.

Its funny how we all focus on what we want to focus on! I guess thats human nature! What i opened that last comment with was regarding if one had a healthy heart to begin with. I dont think there is any doubt that KETO is not for those that have issues with their heart to begin with...that is all!

Anything that causes rapid weight loss is probably likely to put a strain on your system.
If you eat less carbs than you burn you have a degree of Ketosis and should lose some weight.
The shock to the system will be how drastically you do it.

As my doctor ( a really cool Greek guy ) explained the different food groups , there are proteins, vegetables with vitamins, and fillers. Pasta, potato and rice are fillers. He pointed to my belly and said "you don't need fillers " .... wait , George is reading this.
He pointed to my immaculately sculpted ab's visible below my cut off T-shirt , and said..."keep up the good work "

Anyway, sounded like my doc was describing Keto.

Anything that causes rapid weight loss is probably likely to put a strain on your system.
If you eat less carbs than you burn you have a degree of Ketosis and should lose some weight.
The shock to the system will be how drastically you do it.

As my doctor ( a really cool Greek guy ) explained the different food groups , there are proteins, vegetables with vitamins, and fillers. Pasta, potato and rice are fillers. He pointed to my belly and said "you don't need fillers " .... wait , George is reading this.
He pointed to my immaculately sculpted ab's visible below my cut off T-shirt , and said..."keep up the good work "

Anyway, sounded like my doc was describing Keto.

They had a comparative diets thing on ABC the other day. Keto sounds like it's not great for heart health. The Mediterranean diet keeps coming out on top in everything. Don't eat processed foods, eat heaps of variety of fresh fruit and veggies, nuts pulses and s**t. I know all that but I lose momentum quickly. I need to not eat after 7 and try not not eat crap. Or just give up the wine and beers a bit. I lost a bit of weight when I was only drinking on week ends and not heavily but since I'm locked back in a couple of glasses of wine are creeping back in and they are starting earlier in the night.

3rd series of After Life coming out next week

3rd series of After Life coming out next week

Ooh thanks for the heads up, wasn't aware of that.
I hope it's good, I really like the show and the characters but it seemed to get really formulaic within the first 2 seasons. Hopefully we see a bit more development in this season.

Green is some gully fieldsman

Green is some gully fieldsman

I forgot to put the cricket back on after the rain delay, England are so s**t it's embarrassing. The commentators are trying to pump it up saying that this pair is making a stand a for England.....on a combined 11 runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back