Discussion The Random Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not one direct tag in any of these posts. Typical. Sorry that I have a life, dweebs. I'm out enjoying the sun and getting compliments on the symmetry of my pectorals while you bottom feeders mash your keyboards and stuff your faces of Doritos and Mountain Dew in your mothers basements.

Like a pack of star-nosed moles, you live in the dirt and stench and only stick your heads out when you think it's safe. Let me tell you busters, it's never safe around here. Believe that.
No good tagging you it was after 8.00 pm

Many see many people in the South of the USA as uneducated, low IQ

This trope has a basis in reality, but not quite for the reasons people think.
https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/article/how-a-worm-gave-the-south-a-bad-name/

I agree with the rest of your point. It’s important to understand why people believe what they believe, I don’t think “othering” them and denigrating people is a good move. Dehumanizing groups has never ever ended well in history.
No matter what you’re talking about, pretty much everyone just wants to do what they believe is best for them and their family. Mistrust in the government by some communities isn’t a shock, and neither should be mistrust in Big Pharma, which until 2 years ago had a seriously poor reputation and was getting worse.

Many see many people in the South of the USA as uneducated, low IQ far right fools who sit around watching Fox News and spreading conspiracy theories, or so the old stereotype goes.

This outlook is also why Democrats are so unelectable in parts of the South. They treat people living there with absolute disdain and then wonder why they don't vote for them.

I hadn't heard of the Perdue Pharma specifically though - obviously aware of the opioid crisis though. It's an interesting link to draw and probably quite true in certain towns and cities in the South and their lack of vax.

Stuff you should know did a great podcast on this. Check it out.

African Americans also very hesitant after being experimented on for years. Look t the Tuskagee experiment. The US has some really bad historical crimes against their own people in the name of capitalism and a lot weren't that long ago.

African Americans also very hesitant after being experimented on for years. Look t the Tuskagee experiment. The US has some really bad historical crimes against their own people in the name of capitalism and a lot weren't that long ago.
Reading about Smedley Butler was a real eye opener.

The CIA doesn't answer to anyone. MK Ultra is another one, they were testing on the Unabomber, Sirhan Sirhan and some weird connections to Charlie Manson too. Then you have Operation Midnight Climax where they would dose unsuspecting men with LSD when they were visiting prostitutes to see what would happen.
Not to mention their foreign interference, directly resulting in overthrowing Governments. I wonder what Iran would be like today, if the CIA hadn't gotten involved.

It would not surprise me one bit if the CIA was behind the JFK assassination.
Say what you will about Trumps obsession with the 'Deep state', but CIA is as deep as it gets.

Yeah it’s weird. It’s weird to me that anyone would DM a player at all, whether it’s nice or not. They aren’t your friend, why do it? It just seems inappropriate.

Then again, some would say giving negative feedback on players on here would be inappropriate.

Jake Carlisle liked one of my tweets about him a few years ago, it made me feel like a creep for some reason lol
I shouldn't have said I never understand why people do that, the longer you work around people the more you notice most people are just weird. DM'ing anyone with a blue tick is real nuffy behaviour. I think there's a difference between forum and direct message but even still some players do get on BigFooty and all our posts are public, so taking a second before going at a player might be the difference in them doing something seriously bad. I can't say I'm without fault there either, I've been critical of players in the past. I will say not to the level that we see from a few on here but I'm not exempt. May be a good lesson for how we post in future.

Great result for Cam Smith on the USPGA tour and Matt Jones 3rd, 23 under in 36 holes amazing stuff

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The CIA doesn't answer to anyone. MK Ultra is another one, they were testing on the Unabomber, Sirhan Sirhan and some weird connections to Charlie Manson too. Then you have Operation Midnight Climax where they would dose unsuspecting men with LSD when they were visiting prostitutes to see what would happen.
Not to mention their foreign interference, directly resulting in overthrowing Governments. I wonder what Iran would be like today, if the CIA hadn't gotten involved.

Say what you will about Trumps obsession with the 'Deep state', but CIA is as deep as it gets.
You also wonder what half the countries in South America would look like today if they were actually allowed to profit off of their own natural resources and not be turned into right wing dictatorships every time one of them decided to nationalise their resources industry.

Australia's ASIS is just as bad too. They were directly ordered to stop operations in Chile by Whitlam and straight up ignored him until Pinochet was installed as dictator.

On Pixel 5 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

No Covid talk,

but I do want to say I am sick , Temperaturefor r 3 days sofar and very sore throat. I am by myself. My partner is isolating in Kilmore. We both have it.

There is only so much TV, cricket, tennis DVDs netflix I can watch

No Covid talk,

but I do want to say I am sick , Temperaturefor r 3 days sofar and very sore throat. I am by myself. My partner is isolating in Kilmore. We both have it.

Get well soon Sam

No Covid talk,

Be safe, took 4-to 5 days for me to feel ok again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back