Discussion The Random Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your chiselled abs from mowing have helped you recover quicker.

I spent a week locked in, went up to Gippsland to take some s**t up to the country and decided to mow the knee high grass, I fell down a rabbit hole and badly twisted my ankle, it's got me sitting on the couch ever since. Mowing is a health hazard.

5b2e403e3b19991bdf2eeb92b35690b8.jpg

Thoughts and prayers to our fellow islanders in Tonga!

I spent a week locked in, went up to Gippsland to take some sh*t up to the country and decided to mow the knee high grass, I fell down a rabbit hole and badly twisted my ankle, it's got me sitting on the couch ever since. Mowing is a health hazard.

Jesus Gringo, Arnold never twists his ankle, its always the blonde floozy that's trying to keep up with him.

Jesus Gringo, Arnold never twists his ankle, its always the blonde floozy that's trying to keep up with him.

They won't follow me or I would have had her mowing for me while I sat and had a beer. I had my work van that's a manual so had to drive through the Monash upgrade hell trying to get the clutch in and out without stalling.

My wife thinks I've broken it but I'm pretty sure it's just bruised or I wouldn't have got home. I need to go into work tomorrow, I've got heaps on so I need it to be okay. We're meant to be going away next weekend as well. It's very inconvenient.

They won't follow me or I would have had her mowing for me while I sat and had a beer. I had my work van that's a manual so had to drive through the Monash upgrade hell trying to get the clutch in and out without stalling.

My wife thinks I've broken it but I'm pretty sure it's just bruised or I wouldn't have got home. I need to go into work tomorrow, I've got heaps on so I need it to be okay. We're meant to be going away next weekend as well. It's very inconvenient.

3qafhk.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get an x - ray just need the doctor to request one, capital radiology just of Carlisle street.

I went to make a coffee at the start of England's second innings at Hobart, and by the time I got back we were all out. What the absolute ****? Each Test got worse than the last. Thank God it's over.

As much as I love winning the Ashes, the English team was a travesty. Archer and Stone would have helped along with a fit Stokes, but the Openers apart from some cameo's from Crawley, early with Malan and Root, and then Bairstow who got the only century than got injured, the batting was appalling.

they don't play red ball cricket with anywhere near the technique for it. The pitches in Australia were English conditions and they were still woeful.

Until England puts emphasis on County cricket with decent pitches and limits 20/20 and 100 tournaments the situation will remain.

A player gets cheers and kudo's for playing ramp shots and gets well paid. But it wont stack up in test cricket.
So its either money and the death of red ball cricket which will ultimately lead to the end of technique and cricket over time, or a bit less money and trying to develop actual cricketers not circus performers.
How often do you see Aaron Finch or Glenn Maxwell in whites for Australia?

If you have bruising like this it is a 5th metatarsal fracture

Did this in 2018, thought it was bruised, got it ex rayed 6 weeks late and it was broken in 3 places.

Don't worry this is not my foot, those images traumatised people on her more than I did to my foot :D

Attachments

• foot brake.jpg
    foot brake.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 26
As much as I love winning the Ashes, the English team was a travesty. Archer and Stone would have helped along with a fit Stokes, but the Openers apart from some cameo's from Crawley, early with Malan and Root, and then Bairstow who got the only century than got injured, the batting was appalling.

they don't play red ball cricket with anywhere near the technique for it. The pitches in Australia were English conditions and they were still woeful.

Until England puts emphasis on County cricket with decent pitches and limits 20/20 and 100 tournaments the situation will remain.

A player gets cheers and kudo's for playing ramp shots and gets well paid. But it wont stack up in test cricket.
So its either money and the death of red ball cricket which will ultimately lead to the end of technique and cricket over time, or a bit less money and trying to develop actual cricketers not circus performers.
How often do you see Aaron Finch or Glenn Maxwell in whites for Australia?
Spot on. Test cricket is the most important format, but it isn't where the money is. It's all very well being able to smash the ball for miles in Twenty/Twenty, but it doesn't prepare a player for the five day game. The English game needs re-structuring to create proper Test players, otherwise it will get even worse.

Get an x - ray just need the doctor to request one, capital radiology just of Carlisle street.

It seems to get a bit better every day. I hate doctors.

If you have bruising like this it is a 5th metatarsal fracture

Did this in 2018, thought it was bruised, got it ex rayed 6 weeks late and it was broken in 3 places.

Don't worry this is not my foot, those images traumatised people on her more than I did to my foot :D

That looks very is similar but it has a weird line across the top of the toes and spotty bruising up the achilles area as well. The toes look like I dropped a heavy bar across them in a distinct line. The most painful part is above the ankle joint on the outside like it could be a small fracture of the fibula. All the swelling has gone now and it seems pretty manageable. I can sleep without waking up every few hours now.

Said the blokey bloke - look after yourself gringo ....get yourself checked out (your ticker as well) need you round here.

Need to take my own advice as I avoid as well due to my s**t lifestyle choices including the balter ipa I am enjoying at the moment

I know the feeling but I blew my ankle out playing tennis once really badly. I was very quick around court and planted a foot on an artificial court to change direction when I heard a loud pop. I’d torn the sole right of my runner and had no stability in my left foot.

Playing partners helped me to my car just drove the auto down to the local gps in Ormond road, she had a look and said it wasn’t broken just ice it etc. Anyway it was black pretty much all over and gave me hell for a couple of weeks and was painful for several more. It came good slowly walking then jogging with a support but it never felt quite right. Then I noticed an interesting thing, I couldn’t pull by my big toes back towards me. So after more visits to the gp and scans etc turns out I’d torn my ankle ligaments and snapped the tendon that runs down to the big toe.

Now it’s stiff feels a bit strange and just letting it go rather than having it properly investigated and repaired wasn’t the brightest thing I’ve ever done. Man up for an X-ray and don’t pay later is my advice, I’d rolled ankles before playing sport and I think you know pretty quickly if it’s a bog standard sprain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back