Discussion The Random Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Small? A city of 8 million. It terrifies me, just so crowded. I couldn't live in London. Cities like Manchester, Liverpool and Glasgow are much my preference. Big enough to have everything you want but not too big and crowded.

The CBD is fairly compact, but i thought the Urban Sprawl was big enough.
It was driving a car through Bath in peak hour i found really terrifying though.

Small? A city of 8 million. It terrifies me, just so crowded. I couldn't live in London. Cities like Manchester, Liverpool and Glasgow are much my preference. Big enough to have everything you want but not too big and crowded.

It's a lot of people but the buildings seem quite small and humble compared to what I had imagined. I thought the Houses of Parliament and Big Ben were going to be huge monoliths, Buckingham Palace looks like an out building of some of the big European palaces.

On that places like Plymouth that sent half of our nation look like Geelong or something. The whole of the UK is so tight and compact. England is something like 100,000 square km smaller than Victoria and I think we're only bigger than Tasmania of the actual states.

The CBD is fairly compact, but i thought the Urban Sprawl was big enough.
It was driving a car through Bath in peak hour i found really terrifying though.

Bath seemed okay to me. Try driving in Italy, those campaigners are crazy once you hit the cities. They don't have road laws, it's a free for all.

There are millions of Victorians living outside your little old fashioned Melbourne monopoly board.
If you think they are focusing on their home turn for followers , they are either stupid or you are wrong.
There is a reason Melbourne went with Casey.

There are 15000 people who live in North Melbourne.
How big are you suggesting the African community is?

Melbourne have a large proportion of immigrants, and i think your method for stereotyping the followers of footy teams is kind of simplistic.

Simplistic stereotyping is all I could be bothered with. Research is for nerds.

Simplistic stereotyping is all I could be bothered with. Research is for nerds.

I'd just add that;

Bombers chose a plane for very good reason, generally the club that poor people who still had hope followed. Kinda obvious they ended up doping as the sort you see on pokies for 5 days straight.
Blues were those same people who had a win at the trotts or pokies and banked TF out of it, bought a horse, buggered off to Wang, lost it all, came back with $2 to their name.
Dogs were those that DGAF about most of anything and just existed picking others trash like cash for cans as a hobby, but you needed that bloke ot cvarry that couch to that skip, they never let you down.
North is classic train line "I'm a mechanic" wog land, as there's always just that little bit further and you're then in the big smoke of metroflogs and have I got a deal for you....

The smart ones were like me and GTFO support wise to "eh, SE seems sane enough" since the locals weren't really any different to day to day. We were also the smart ones since that meant instead of just train lines, it was road trip central to GTFO and Waverley back then whilst everyone was slowly gravitating to being metroflogs. Only you had to pick your battles, as aint no one in central going to Geelong unless it's for a very good reason, that s**t took like 2 and bit hours one way back then.

It's a lot of people but the buildings seem quite small and humble compared to what I had imagined. I thought the Houses of Parliament and Big Ben were going to be huge monoliths, Buckingham Palace looks like an out building of some of the big European palaces.

On that places like Plymouth that sent half of our nation look like Geelong or something. The whole of the UK is so tight and compact. England is something like 100,000 square km smaller than Victoria and I think we're only bigger than Tasmania of the actual states.

That building that looks like its melting over one direction is a massive unit though.

Absolutely. England has around 50 million on a piece of land about the size of some of your outback sheep farms :smile:

Much more room in Scotland and Wales, with populations of around 5.5 and 3.5 million respectively.

Went to see Hamilton tonight. FMD is musical theatre the dullest form of entertainment in existence? I'd rather poke heated wires up my urethra than sit through that s**t. Not only that but this hip hop history s**t is lame, People stood up and clapped like they'd witnessed the greatest show ever and knew bits that were coming like they'd seen it multiple times. It must be some kind of w***er cult that enjoys looking like twats in public.

Absolutely. England has around 50 million on a piece of land about the size of some of your outback sheep farms :smile:

Much more room in Scotland and Wales, with populations of around 5.5 and 3.5 million respectively.

Yet in population London is only 2x Melbourne. They have lots of smaller cities and lots of small towns and villages.
The more i travel the more i consider Australia weird the way we are so city centric.
The more it happens the worse it gets. For example they are having trouble getting doctors nurses and teaches to go to country areas now.

Its probably a more relaxing life style if you can live in a village in the UK than the sprawl we are creating.

Went to see Hamilton tonight. FMD is musical theatre the dullest form of entertainment in existence? I'd rather poke heated wires up my urethra than sit through that s**t. Not only that but this hip hop history s**t is lame, People stood up and clapped like they'd witnessed the greatest show ever and knew bits that were coming like they'd seen it multiple times. It must be some kind of w***er cult that enjoys looking like twats in public.

Earlier this year the Melbourne Opera company did "Tommy" the rock opera.
I was pissed that by the time i found out i would have needed to bust my ass to get tickets.

Yet in population London is only 2x Melbourne. They have lots of smaller cities and lots of small towns and villages.
The more i travel the more i consider Australia weird the way we are so city centric.
The more it happens the worse it gets. For example they are having trouble getting doctors nurses and teaches to go to country areas now.

Its probably a more relaxing life style if you can live in a village in the UK than the sprawl we are creating.
I would love to visit Australia someday; spend a good amount of time travelling across the country. It would require a lot of time and money, of course.

Earlier this year the Melbourne Opera company did "Tommy" the rock opera.
I was pissed that by the time i found out i would have needed to bust my ass to get tickets.

I have watched Tommy back in my youth. Can't say I knew what was going on after smoking too much weed but I'd see a live version of that. The Album was pretty good though. One of my old mates does some role at MOC. I probably could have got tickets free. He usually has nothing you'd want to see. The last good thing he had was this crazy German woman who did modern opera. She was off her **** crazy, that was about the only thing I've sat through that I wasn't reading s**t on the phone the whole time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn’t mind it, free tickets mind you, not sure I’d pay for it. And the family has listened to the songs a fair bit so that helps. Don’t go see a show if you don’t know the songs imo.

I didn’t mind it, free tickets mind you, not sure I’d pay for it. And the family has listened to the songs a fair bit so that helps. Don’t go see a show if you don’t know the songs imo.

I got free tickets too. Wouldn't bother going back to see musicals again in a hurry. I thought everyone just pretended to like it to feel special or something.

WTF? Australia Tax?

US$593 is AU$840.

Australian computer shop : 30% more.
Australian high profile publicly listed shop : 83% more.

Last edited:
Ricky Gervais' SuperNature special came out on Netflix today, give it a go if you can. Really really good stuff!
Couldn't sleep at all last night...gave it a watch...on your recommendation...and Brilliant...I became a bigger fan of his after watching AFTERLIFE...then that just was what I needed...let the stress build ..sleep evaded me and then he just made me laugh for a solid hour....Good work!

Ricky Gervais' SuperNature special came out on Netflix today, give it a go if you can. Really really good stuff!
Thought it dragged a bit, and was a bit of a lame joke to end on but there’s nothing quite like watching him try to get through a joke. Very funny guy. It’s unfortunate we don’t get to see his talent as much these days.

Thought it dragged a bit, and was a bit of a lame joke to end on but there’s nothing quite like watching him try to get through a joke. Very funny guy. It’s unfortunate we don’t get to see his talent as much these days.
Timing is everything when you approach a stand up comic...in the sense its best to be wanting to laugh.....for whatever reason.....your life is ready to bust wide open and laugh/cry! I have had those experiences not because I necessarily actively sought 'stand up' but for one reason or another you discovered them.......a bit like the 'old school one night stand/ ships in a night sort of thing'. You some how magically end up wondering the next day....'Did that really happen?"

Dave CHAPPELLE and I hooked up one night...and for a while found myself a 'slave to his rhythm'! Same too with Richard PRYOR....now I do believe he took my cherry when it comes to 'stand up' one night stands that bloomed into avid lust for more! Robin WILLIAMS took my breath away while he drank 36 glasses of water through his 3and half hour HBO special...and that was in his more senior ventures.
Ricky had his way with me for sure...and i admit ....loving his touch!

Every now and then there's a comic who will just throw you under the shower and push you hard up against the cold decollage tiles that echo the endless joy of your guilty pleasures. There have been many others but of some I speak with more reverence than others.................. Viva the laughter that lifts you from despair!

Last edited:
Timing is everything when you approach a stand up comic...in the sense its best to be wanting to laugh.....for whatever reason.....your life is ready to bust wide open and laugh/cry! I have had those experiences not because I necessarily actively sought 'stand up' but for one reason or another you discover them.......a bit like the 'old school one night stand/ ships in a night sort of thing'. You some how magically end up wondering the next day....'Did that really happen?"

Dave CHAPPELLE and I hooked up one night...and for a while found myself a 'slave to his rhythm'! Same too with Richard PRIOR....now I do believe he took my cherry when it comes to 'stand up' one night stands that bloomed into avid lust for more! Robin WILLIAMS took my breath away while he drank 36 glasses of water through his 3and half hour HBO special...and that was in his more senior ventures.

Every now and then there's a comic who will just throw you under the shower and push you hard up against the cold decollage tiles that echo the endless joy of your guilty pleasures. There have been many others but of some I speak with more reverence than others.................. Viva the laughter that lifts you from despair!
1653457162506.gif

Timing is everything when you approach a stand up comic...in the sense its best to be wanting to laugh.....for whatever reason.....your life is ready to bust wide open and laugh/cry! I have had those experiences not because I necessarily actively sought 'stand up' but for one reason or another you discovered them.......a bit like the 'old school one night stand/ ships in a night sort of thing'. You some how magically end up wondering the next day....'Did that really happen?"

Dave CHAPPELLE and I hooked up one night...and for a while found myself a 'slave to his rhythm'! Same too with Richard PRYOR....now I do believe he took my cherry when it comes to 'stand up' one night stands that bloomed into avid lust for more! Robin WILLIAMS took my breath away while he drank 36 glasses of water through his 3and half hour HBO special...and that was in his more senior ventures.

Dave Chapelle GIF by MOODMAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back