Racing The Everest

2019 winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Star Turn confirmed going to stud. Astern, EC and Flying Artie nearly certainties.

don't know what the excuse was with Lady Aurelia last start but that would be interesting. i'd be backing HK horses atm. they're gelded, have cash and their racing pattern transfers well to australian racing.

nothing there even entertains me at all.

Star Turn confirmed going to stud. Astern, EC and Flying Artie nearly certainties.

don't know what the excuse was with Lady Aurelia last start but that would be interesting. i'd be backing HK horses atm. they're gelded, have cash and their racing pattern transfers well to australian racing.

Star Turn stud already?

Depends what prizemoney is paid down to. But stumping up 600k would be an incredible risk if you are not a multi millionaire owner
Prizemoney breakup

1st - $5,800,000
2nd - $1,425,000
3rd - $800,000
4th - $400,000
5th - $250,000
6th-12th - $175,000

Equine Welfare Fund $100,000

Star Turn stud already?
Same connections as Deep Field, so winning G1 races doesn't seem to be that high up on their 'off to stud' checklist.

Can't wait to head out to Randwick to see Sole Power :$
This. Only works if they attract top quality from around the world. If it's just our best vs past it or B grade Internationals then WHAT IS THE POINT?

Sink or swim the way the prizemoney is worked as well - 3 years @ 600k each? Have to finish at least 3rd in the race to get your money back!

Has a US horse ever run in Australian still under its US training license? My guess would be no and also its probably too close to the Breeders Cup to get them to come.

Same connections as Deep Field, so winning G1 races doesn't seem to be that high up on their 'off to stud' checklist.

This. Only works if they attract top quality from around the world. If it's just our best vs past it or B grade Internationals then WHAT IS THE POINT?

Sink or swim the way the prizemoney is worked as well - 3 years @ 600k each? Have to finish at least 3rd in the race to get your money back!

Exactly :thumbsu:

Think of all the major race days around the world - the biggest name horses on the card are basically never sprinters with MAYBE the exception of HK international hype day. Most of the horses people would journey to see are milers/middle distance horses.

I'll still go just for the spectacle but heading out there to see the latest and greatest Fishbowl sprinter doesn't get me excited.

Any chance they convert this to a 4800m steeplechase?

I can't see the need to have a 6 furlong race worth so much around on any track that isn't on a straight track.
Really can't see this getting off the ground so quickly.

So you need to finish 3rd or better to recoup funds

So if we get a bigfooty syndicate together and buy the 12 spots (12 x 600k= 7.2M) for 3 years , total 21.6M then we can guarantee ourselves 30M in prize money giving us a guaranteed profit of 8.4M (at 38%) and funniest part is we can use 12 hacks out of the paddock to provide the field each year.

Who's in? I'm off to the bank now to get a loan!!

the announcement of the Everest totally upstaged a one off $300,000 race at Warrnambool over 4600m!!!! restricted to Australian and New Zealand breds!!!! looking forward to the 10 minutes that race will take, won by a horse out of Invincible Spirit or Choisor

with use of terminology like that you should be in racing media :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it's never going to work as long as RNSW have this dick measuring contest/arms race mentality with RV. if we're ever going to have an international product it will be both states helping each other. it makes little sense to be scheduled there as a standalone event.

the quicker the racing australia body takes over everything the better everything will be for everyone.

it's never going to work as long as RNSW have this dick measuring contest/arms race mentality with RV. if we're ever going to have an international product it will be both states helping each other. it makes little sense to be scheduled there as a standalone event.

the quicker the racing australia body takes over everything the better everything will be for everyone.
#nationaltote

Ftfy

Would help the big guys enormously and would end up with much less meat on the bones for the semi smart punter.

You only have to look at Hong Kong with Australian totes to see the affect.

Will never forget when HK Pools were aligned with STAB and Bruce Clarke used the example of Criterion in the HK Cup as to benefit of merged pools.

A fairer distbn of $ would make more attractive. Could easily knock a bit off 1st to provide more incentive for bigger field.
If you run a slashing 4th you've lost 200k, never mind year 2 and 3.

that's why I can't understand trainers paying late entry fees, basically pissing money away. It's cheap as anything to nom for the bigones and pay first/ second acceptances, by which stage you know whether the horse is any good or not.

Whys that?

Im lost on this line of thought. Surely bigger pools means better?

a national tote likely runs on 115% (currently 118%ish) market, the average punter won't bet enough to move the prices and the best tote or SP product offered by the corporates is about 108% which means taking a single tote over the best tote product means you'd lose twice as much. it can really affect some races. saw one the other day that was under 100% when the well backed 3.40 fave started 2.10 on the NSW tote and about 3.40 on the other totes meaning there was some hefty overs on the NSW tab outside the fave where the winner started $30 NSW and $19 STAB. long story short you could have backed every runner at best tote/SP and won on that race. that simply won't ever happen with a national tote.

the only time the mug punter gets affected is when they land a hail mary multiple that pays way unders due to pool size. an extra X amount in each pool would help those big dividends.

a national tote likely runs on 115% (currently 118%ish) market, the average punter won't bet enough to move the prices and the best tote or SP product offered by the corporates is about 108% which means taking a single tote over the best tote product means you'd lose twice as much. it can really affect some races. saw one the other day that was under 100% when the well backed 3.40 fave started 2.10 on the NSW tote and about 3.40 on the other totes meaning there was some hefty overs on the NSW tab outside the fave where the winner started $30 NSW and $19 STAB. long story short you could have backed every runner at best tote/SP and won on that race. that simply won't ever happen with a national tote.

the only time the mug punter gets affected is when they land a hail mary multiple that pays way unders due to pool size. an extra X amount in each pool would help those big dividends.
Ive noticed NSW tote often pay bigger divs f4s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back