The Newcastle United plan for global domination.

Remove this Banner Ad

So they brought in five 'solid' if not spectacular players. Trippier and Targett are competent full backs and both can push down the flanks. Dan Burn is a handy centre back or can play on the left side of a three. Chris Wood isn't fast but he can hold the ball up and knows where the goals are. Bruno GuimarĆ£es is a deep lying midfielder. Would any of these players get a game for City, Liverpool or Chelsea? Probably not. But they will improve each of their respective positions enough for the club to avoid relegation. Then the next phase can begin.

I reckon they should have brought in a better keeper. Joelinton moving into midfield and dominating is like a new signing.

Lawyers in a US court case representing LIV Golf, owned by the Saudi Arabia's Public Investment Fund (PIF) claim that PIF is "a sovereign instrumentality of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia" and PIF Governor and Newcastle chairman Yasir Al-Rumayyan is "a sitting minister of the government" with "sovereign immunity".

That's in stark contrast with the legal assurances made before the Newcastle takeover that the Saudi government would not have any control over the club.

I'm sure the right people will be paid or beheaded so this is all smoothed out.

Lawyers in a US court case representing LIV Golf, owned by the Saudi Arabia's Public Investment Fund (PIF) claim that PIF is "a sovereign instrumentality of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia" and PIF Governor and Newcastle chairman Yasir Al-Rumayyan is "a sitting minister of the government" with "sovereign immunity".

That's in stark contrast with the legal assurances made before the Newcastle takeover that the Saudi government would not have any control over the club.

I'm sure the right people will be paid or beheaded so this is all smoothed out.

Sportswashing clubs are always owned either by individual members of the ruling royal family of the state they are proxies for or owned by separate entities that are ultimately funded by the state (PIF in the case of Newcastle). We have Bin Hassam supposedly "bidding" for Utd but we all know that it really is the Qatari state that is buying / funding the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back