The next 4 weeks to determine Geelong's season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tigers are absolutely the sleeping giant this year IMO. I can't believe everyone has written them off at various times this year. They are absolutely the team to beat IMO.
Agree, as they were last year. If their 18 prelim was our 08 GF, I see them making amends this year, but they seem to struggle with Collingwood.

WC have to finish top two to be a chance and I don't think they can. They've strung a few wins together but haven't beaten anyone of note.

I think we will be much better prepared for GWS next time around.

Pies will be much better prepared for us next time around.

Can see those two results reversing if we happen to meet them again.

If I am ranking them in order it would be Pies, Tigers, GWS, WC

Agree on WCE, they need top 2.

Id rank at this stage in terms of ability to beat us at the MCG:
1. Collingwood
2. Richmond
3/4. GWS/WCE.

So important to keep winning right now to secure top 2 position.

Agree, as they were last year. If their 18 prelim was our 08 GF, I see them making amends this year, but they seem to struggle with Collingwood.

Yep. Premierships aren't won in May, they are building quite nicely. Who would have thought at this time last year that it would of been a West Coast V's Collingwood Grand Final? Tigers peaked too early last year, they would have learnt from that. They're as good a chance as anyone this year IMO.

Already dread playing the Tiges next Friday. They were smashed in contested footy and will come out seething against us.The extra day, the scrutiny of our game today, they will be ready for us. IF we can get over them, in these circumstances, I will truly believe we are made of the right stuff to go very deep this year. But I suspect their attack on us will be at a level we have not faced this year, and we will succumb.

Tigers are absolutely the sleeping giant this year IMO. I can't believe everyone has written them off at various times this year. They are absolutely the team to beat IMO.

Still?

North obviously read that post and made it happen!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Big believer in the CS philosophy that "it's not just Who you play but WHEN."
My guess is thus we will be 10-3, and then start another winning spree.
Swans will throw it all at us and who knows if we break the hold they have on us at Geelong.
Tigers- see above.
Port- post bye.

Last edited:
Still?

North obviously read that post and made it happen!!

Yep. Still think they're a massive threat when they get their players back. If they are at full strength at the business end, they will take some stopping. They are crippled at the moment. The challenge for them is to win enough games with the current players at their disposal. Nank, Riewoldt and a fully fit Cotchin and Rioli will make a massive difference imo.

Yep. Still think they're a massive threat when they get their players back. If they are at full strength at the business end, they will take some stopping. They are crippled at the moment. The challenge for them is to win enough games with the current players at their disposal. Nank, Riewoldt and a fully fit Cotchin and Rioli will make a massive difference imo.

Absolutely fair call.

I reckon almost every team is a threat. Look at swans 15th dogs etc. I wouldn’t write any team off and that includes the woeful Carlton and Melbourne.

Great call. Season is over, Geelong lost an interstate game vs a finals team by less than 2 goals. Won't make the finals.

Just shut the club down, fire Scott, Wells and Cook. It is just unacceptable that an AFL club with AFL players could ever lose a game of AFL football.

Great call. Season is over, Geelong lost an interstate game vs a finals team by less than 2 goals. Won't make the finals.

Just shut the club down, fire Scott, Wells and Cook. It is just unacceptable that an AFL club with AFL players could ever lose a game of AFL football.

Great call.

Geelong lost a game at a ground where they have a 75% win record against that particular opponent. I never posted anywhere that Geelong won't make the finals, they will finish top two and in all likelihood, top.

Geelong are 1 / 10 coming off byes during the season under Scott, in all of the time that he's been at the club it hasn't changed one bit. The only win came in our premiership year of 2011 when we beat North Melbourne.

In the entirety of Scott's tenure at Geelong, he has a winning record in the h&a season of 72%. You would think with a record like that, the side he coaches could manage better than a winning percentage of 15.4% coming off a bye regardless of the opponent.

Great call.

Geelong lost a game at a ground where they have a 75% win record against that particular opponent. I never posted anywhere that Geelong won't make the finals, they will finish top two and in all likelihood, top.

Geelong are 1 / 10 coming off byes during the season under Scott, in all of the time that he's been at the club it hasn't changed one bit. The only win came in our premiership year of 2011 when we beat North Melbourne.

In the entirety of Scott's tenure at Geelong, he has a winning record in the h&a season of 72%. You would think with a record like that, the side he coaches could manage better than a winning percentage of 15.4% coming off a bye regardless of the opponent.
Yeah so like I said, fire Scott, Wells & Cook for turning Geelong into an absoloute shambles. 11-2, a game plus percentage clear on top of the ladder and yet are the worst team in the league.

When did you start supporting Geelong? I'm going to go out on a limb and assume September 2007?

Yeah so like I said, fire Scott, Wells & Cook for turning Geelong into an absoloute shambles. 11-2, a game plus percentage clear on top of the ladder and yet are the worst team in the league.

When did you start supporting Geelong? I'm going to go out on a limb and assume September 2007?

Been going to games since the mid 70s, what about you?

We can finish the h&a 20-2 and it will mean jack s**t if we can't get up after the pre-finals bye.

I notice you didn't haven't any theories as to why the side goes at a win rate of 72% in general but only 15.4% after a bye?

We are the worst team in the league for winning post bye rounds, otherwise, we're the best team in it this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been going to games since the mid 70s, what about you?

We can finish the h&a 20-2 and it will mean jack **** if we can't get up after the pre-finals bye.

I notice you didn't haven't any theories as to why the side goes at a win rate of 72% in general but only 15.4% after a bye?

We are the worst team in the league for winning post bye rounds, otherwise, we're the best team in it this year.
The pre-finals bye is irrelevant though as every team has it and historically we have been as good in that game as we have been in finals in general. It's just such a huge cop out to whinge like this over an 11 point interstate loss to a finals contender.

The next couple of hours will determine our season.

Covert fitness test for Nakia underway?

Seriously, though, we are not without a chance Friday night even without Toma. Would need a lot to go right, of course.

But I actually believe Danger, Blitz and even Rata or Stanley missing could be just as crucial to our chances. In terms of how we structure up and plan to play our best footy.

Just stats, I know. But we've won 4 of the 5 games Toma's missed through suspension since 2016.

Beaten the Pies twice at the 'G, the Tigers once (yes, at KP) and North at Docklands. Only loss was yet another post-bye embarrassment against the Weagles in 2017.

Clearly we're a better line-up if he's out there. And I certainly wouldn't give us a realistic chance of winning two more finals without him. But taking out the Tiges if he does miss this week isn't totally out of the question in my view.

Covert fitness test for Nakia underway?

Seriously, though, we are not without a chance Friday night even without Toma. Would need a lot to go right, of course.

But I actually believe Danger, Blitz and even Rata or Stanley missing could be just as crucial to our chances. In terms of how we structure up and plan to play our best footy.

Just stats, I know. But we've won 4 of the 5 games Toma's missed through suspension since 2016.

Beaten the Pies twice at the 'G, the Tigers once (yes, at KP) and North at Docklands. Only loss was yet another post-bye embarrassment against the Weagles in 2017.

Clearly we're a better line-up if he's out there. And I certainly wouldn't give us a realistic chance of winning two more finals without him. But taking out the Tiges if he does miss this week isn't totally out of the question in my view.
I agree we're not necessarily finished if Hawk doesn't play, but boy, I'd rather he did!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back