• Brett Kirk

Votes: 7 1.6%
  • OTHER

Votes: 30 7.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't see Essendon releasing him for anything other than the top job.
Depends whether Sir James wants him. That said if we offered a senior assistant job that would be a promotion.

The Cows, still cant even get anything right, pissweak when another club names your new coach.
Mob of losers will never be as strong as the Power will be in the future, because you are the most idiotic, moronic, cretins who ever barracked for a footy side.
hopefully mods can see posters IP address so your main account gets suspended too. not because youre being unnecessarily rude, but because the quality of your posting is so low.

Yeah I thought something was supposed to be on TWR as well.

I understand that the club has a few other things to 'tick off' before making any announcements. They doing a great job of keeping things watertight at present. I'd be looking at Nobes comments (end of week/weekend) before we expect to hear anything.

Great to see that Port have stayed true to form.

When Bailey left Port to coach Melbourne the same type of thing occurred. I can still remember Choco chomping at the bit to break Bailey's personal confidence by blurting it out to the media prior to Melbourne's announcement. I remember thinking at the time that it was such a dog act and slap in the face to Bailey. You have an assistant who's put their blood, sweat and tears into the club and rather than respect the fact that they've gained a promotion they seem to have a culture of punishing them by deliberately pissing on their parade by denying them their moment.

Looking back I am not surprised that Bailey chose to come to us rather than return to Port.

Be interesting to see who the assistants will be. Definitely won't be Bolton or Bassett like some have said, can't think of a time ever where someone didn't get the head coaching job (from another clubs assistant role) and then went to that club as an assistant to the person he lost the job to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Cows, still cant even get anything right, pissweak when another club names your new coach.
Mob of losers will never be as strong as the Power will be in the future, because you are the most idiotic, moronic, cretins who ever barracked for a footy side.
so you interpret your presidents embarrassing display of prematurely blurting out other clubs news as being a failing of AFC? It must be hard working making sense of the world around you when you possess so few neurons. I feel for you.

Wouldn't mind betting it was always going to be Walsh. If that is the case the club and Walsh have orchetstrated it with class and integrity rather than stooping to what Fremantle did with Lyon. And our club runs one very tight ship.

Be interesting to see who the assistants will be. Definitely won't be Bolton or Bassett like some have said, can't think of a time ever where someone didn't get the head coaching job (from another clubs assistant role) and then went to that club as an assistant to the person he lost the job to.

Don't know bout that, Bolton was open in saying he may not be ready and how a long healthy apprenticeship makes a good coach!
He may welcome a new experience

Don't know bout that, Bolton was open in saying he may not be ready and how a long healthy apprenticeship makes a good coach!
He may welcome a new experience

I think our interviewing process was to find a senior assistant. Boltons comments make that seem the case. And the other applicants who said the Crows already had made their mind.

I think our interviewing process was to find a senior assistant. Boltons comments make that seem the case. And the other applicants who said the Crows already had made their mind.

Your opinions are close to mine! I have a feeling we will appoint a takeover senior assistant perhaps!
But I agree with your thoughts

Wouldn't mind betting it was always going to be Walsh. If that is the case the club and Walsh have orchetstrated it with class and integrity rather than stooping to what Fremantle did with Lyon. And our club runs one very tight ship.
Rumours are everywhere this time of a season, but I heard they started discussions with him in August regarding a senior assistant role with Sando. Sando then got the chop, Walsh impressed those involved at the time and upon further interviews, impressed enough to be given the main role.

Heard about Koch's little disclosure at work and in a word....classless.

Koch is in a privilege position at Sunrise having access to an Australian wide audience and if he chooses to spruik his brand good luck to him.

His actions today was one of a wounded petty man looking for a cheap shot and trying to one up a rival.

Worst was his lack of respect for Walsh the man who had served his club well for years. Walsh deserves his moment in the sun, he has toiled for 16 years as an assistant and when an unforeseen opportunity arose he took it. Not out of spite towards Port but to test and better himself in the highest post a man in his profession can achieve.
Koch talks about respect,humility and professionalism when he waxes lyrically about his own domain but he certainly displayed none of those traits today.
Koch, it might be hard to fathom but this appointment is not about Port! The better course of action was to show some restraint and afford a rival organisation the courtesy that such a announcement deserved. Once this proclamation was officially made then comment all you like.
Very poor indeed on your behalf and a real lack of class, dare I say you showed your true colours today...not everything in life is black and white and bitter.

So it was reported on the news last night that Walsh would be named coach today, was all over twitter for the last 24 hours that he would be named coach today, was talked about endlessly on talkback radio yesterday that he would be named coach today, but apparently Koch is the one that broke protocol?

Nice work :thumbsu:
Macca19 this board is looking for a new mod, interested?

I hope we delay the announcement now. Just for the giggles

It shows that he hates it

For those that follow Pro wrestling (inb4 youknowitsfakeright?) WWF and WCW were big on the Monday night wars in the late 90's trying to get the ratings and WCW pulled some absolute dick moves. Kochie's move reminds me of when Eric Bischoff (WCW) told everyone watching their show (which was live) that Mick Foley would win the WWF world title that night (which was taped) completely spoiling what was a monumental occasion for the WWF and Mick

Kochie reminds me a bit of Bischoff too, except Bischoff had hair

It also reminds me a bit of when buddy went to the swans, that move was broken by GWS releasing a statement saying they were withdrawing their offer to franklin based on information that he was going to the swans.
They were obviously bitter and as a passing shot broke the news- same thing's happened here with Koch.

You can't really win in this situation..

Say Adelaide were always planning to announce the new coach today, some will claim that they are hurrying it along because Koch announced it..

If Adelaide decided to spite them and hold off the announcement, well then they really would be letting the opposition dictating their processess....

But at the same time, we really want to coach announced for trade week....

You can't really win in this situation..

Say Adelaide were always planning to announce the new coach today, some will claim that they are hurrying it along because Koch announced it..

If Adelaide decided to spite them and hold off the announcement, well then they really would be letting the opposition dictating their processess....

But at the same time, we really want to coach announced for trade week....
It doesn't matter in the end. We get our coach and can move forward to the assistants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back