• Brett Kirk

Votes: 7 1.6%
  • OTHER

Votes: 30 7.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tried to stay silent, but can't anymore.

All contracts would have a break clause for the coach, it can't be a one way Street.

I suspect most contracts have a clause whereby the coach pays out the rest of his own contract to leave. Employment contracts I have been on have had a similar clause.

It is possible that a club could offer to pay this, if they are desperate enough.
Imagine it has been done in another sport at sometime.

Caro mentioned out clauses. It's not beyond the realms of possibility.

The hard one is: does he want to come? Have we pitched an attractive enough offer? This is the primary obstacle.

an exit / early termination clause is common practice these days

it all comes down o at the point of negotiations did Clarko have enough negotiation power insert such a clause, one would think that he would

Tried to stay silent, but can't anymore.

All contracts would have a break clause for the coach, it can't be a one way Street.

I suspect most contracts have a clause whereby the coach pays out the rest of his own contract to leave. Employment contracts I have been on have had a similar clause.

It is possible that a club could offer to pay this, if they are desperate enough.
Imagine it has been done in another sport at sometime.

Really? A clause where the coach pays his salary back to the club? Surely not, that's stacked way too far in favour of the club. Surely it would just be the the Coach foregoes the salary they would have made (i.e. stop being paid by the club), and cease coaching.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard an interesting snippet from the Hawks Chairman at their GF lunch today - he was giving the footy dept a huge wrap for what they have achieved this year given all of the difficult circumstances ie injury and Clarko's illness. Fair enough

What was interesting was he went on to say that the footy dept was set up so that anyone was replaceable because of the program/system in place, which was shown during Clarko's absence.

Prob reading too much into it but sounded like the beginnings of managing a departure.

I'm going with that anyway ;)
No it's just Clarko's philosophy. "One soldier goes down, one comes in". Meaning the systems are setup so it's not heavily personnel based or reliant. It's been applied to all areas of Hawthorn.

Didnt MM had a contact with the Pies which he broke, but had to sit out a year?

Was that a part of that weird succession plan contract, which lead to Buckley taking over? I was under the impression that Malthouse was supposed to become a mentor or "director of coaching" or something like that when Buckley took over, but didn't like the idea when it actually came to doing it and decided to step away.

Really? A clause where the coach pays his salary back to the club? Surely not, that's stacked way too far in favour of the club. Surely it would just be the the Coach foregoes the salary they would have made (i.e. stop being paid by the club), and cease coaching.

That could be another option as I imagine contracts would have a retirement clause.
I expect that both clauses would exist, just
that the payout option has never been taken

Was that a part of that weird succession plan contract, which lead to Buckley taking over? I was under the impression that Malthouse was supposed to become a mentor or "director of coaching" or something like that when Buckley took over, but didn't like the idea when it actually came to doing it and decided to step away.

Thats exactly right, thanks. A load of BS, Pies were dirty in the way they treated MM.

Have done a bit of searching on other boards to get a sense of how they rate the guys we're thinking about.

Mixed reviews on Suma but mainly positive, Dew highly regarded, NM fans seem desperate not to lose Tudor, Hawks are in love with Bolton (but he's part of such an awesome coaching group, still hard to know how he'll go as the main man in a new group). Of course there's Bass who we also rate.

So, all in all, hopefully the selection panel nail who out of the candidates has that magical ability to step up that's so hard to judge.

The other aspect i discovered in snooping around was how low the general opinion is of the AFC atm, many have bought the pro-Sando line about the latest issues but it runs deeper than that…somewhere between apathy and pitiful mocking.

Thanks Triggy et al who have got us to this point, an irrelevant joke to most of the AFL.

I believe this new era can be a bright one but it cannot come quick enough!!

In Roo/Nobes/Fages we trust!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back