osaka mick

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2006
Gold Coast
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Everton, 76s, Canucks
Recruiting is the best way to move the club forward quickly. Players like Carl Amon have shown that after nearly being delisted, they have developed immensely over a 12 month period.

Without having any answers, who are those fringe players at other clubs that are ready to explode like Carl Amon. I wish we traded for him last year, as I think he would have enhanced our young team!!

Any ideas?

Recruiting is the best way to move the club forward quickly. Players like Carl Amon have shown that after nearly being delisted, they have developed immensely over a 12 month period.

Without having any answers, who are those fringe players at other clubs that are ready to explode like Carl Amon. I wish we traded for him last year, as I think he would have enhanced our young team!!

Any ideas?
Karl? (Just thought it was how it was spelt, not nickpicking)

Devon Smith

Any ideas?
Willie Rioli?..

He's having a great year, which means something more to my son and I. My boy spent a year in a wheelchair and still can't run (but can now walk again), having had Perthes disease as Karl Amon did. It means a lot for young boys to know that there is hope that they can play sport again one day, especially whilst they are wheelchair bound.

He's having a great year, which means something more to my son and I. My boy spent a year in a wheelchair and still can't run (but can now walk again), having had Perthes disease as Karl Amon did. It means a lot for young boys to know that there is hope that they can play sport again one day, especially whilst they are wheelchair bound.
Incredible, all the best to the young fella♥️♥️

Should drop Port a line mate. Never know, big KA might give your son a call.

Good story. Great news to hear the progress is happening too. All the best.

I never knew he had perthes disease. I actually had it too, when I was 9. It derailed my AFL career (lol...). Actually in the 70s, it was pretty tough. I spent 6 months in hospital dealing with it.

Im now 50, and suffering from pretty bad arthritis, but otherwise okay. He's now a fave of mine!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was not nearly delisted? A few clubs including us wanted him and a trade never sufficed due to Port rating him very highly

Any ideas?

Not sure about nearly being delisted... but Sam Weideman from Melbourne can't get a game at the Dees.

I think we need a Harvey or LT type of goal kicking small forward but not sure if any of those are on the horizon. I think Mahony has been the only one on our list that has managed to position himself front and square of a marking contest up forward.

I never knew he had perthes disease. I actually had it too, when I was 9. It derailed my AFL career (lol...). Actually in the 70s, it was pretty tough. I spent 6 months in hospital dealing with it.

Im now 50, and suffering from pretty bad arthritis, but otherwise okay. He's now a fave of mine!!
Must have been very hard at age 9. From what I understand treatment is better now, and focussed not just on the bone healing but also psychosocial development of the kids. My son has had two operations, and his school been pretty good with handling a "disabled" kid. He's missed only a small amount of school as he's had his surgery over the holiday periods.

I hope your hip lasts a bit longer - our doctor told us one aim is to not need a hip replacement any earlier than the rest of the population, as getting it replaced too early means it'll need redoing again.

Even from a footballing standpoint, from where he came from just a few seasons ago to now is nothing short of astonishing. Reminded me a bit of Taz and Jacobs in that regard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back