The next dynasty

Remove this Banner Ad

If the criteria of a dynast is at least 3 flags in 4 years then we have had the following:

Carlton 1906-1909

Collingwood 1927-1930

Melbourne 1939-1941

Melbourne 1955-1960

Carlton 1979-1982

Hawthorn 1986-1991

Brisbane 2001-2003

Hawthorn - 2013-2015

Richmond - 2017-2020

Apart the gap between Hawthorn and Richmond, it seems a dynasty comes around every 10+ years.

If we lighten it up a bit and change it to at least three Premierships in five years we get:

Carlton 1906-1909

Collingwood 1927-1930

Melbourne 1939-1941

Melbourne 1955-1960

Carlton 1968-1972

Carlton 1979-1982

Hawthorn 1986-1991

Brisbane 2001-2003

Geelong 2007-2011

Hawthorn 2013-2015

Richmond 2017-2020

This seem to happen more frequently now.. about 5 years apart…

North ……. They’ll convince WC to split their first round pick… for pick 2-17ish … land Harley Reid and have the best midfield for the next 10 years….. and Hugh Greenwood will win a premiership in his last game.

Hawthorn.

Because Hawthorn.

I don't think we have a dynasty team. I think it's possible our current crop of young players might get a premiership but not a dynasty. I think we would need at least 2 more generational players to have that.

When Hawks recruited Hodge, Buddy, Roughy, Mitchell and Rioli I knew we had a dynasty team then.

At the moment I can say we have Newcombe of the young players who I would list there. Possibly other players may come along or recruited in the future but for now I can't see it.

Probably Port as others have said.. Maybe the Hawks in a few years time, have the best winning culture there is I hate to say. Collingwood may win one by a point or something if they lucky.

Hawks also went 17 years without a premiership just recently, so in other words if you don't have the players your culture means very little.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port Adelaide seem the most likely bet. That big three of Rozee, JH-F and Butters is going to dominate for the next 10 - 15 years. They should aim to win at least 2 flags (maybe more) in that time
Port will neve tear the comp apart.

Port Adelaide seem the most likely bet. That big three of Rozee, JH-F and Butters is going to dominate for the next 10 - 15 years. They should aim to win at least 2 flags (maybe more) in that time
I think they have too many getting to the end as well.
Wines, Boak, Dixon, Alir, Lycett, Jonas and Clury. They are a Ruckman down, need a replacement for Dixon, need some small forwards and some backs.

I feel if port win one this year it will open the floodgates for them. monkey will be off their back. Right now Port have all their key players in form and fit.. they havent copped a serious injury this year to a key player. top 2 lock.. cant lose from here......

I don't think we have a dynasty team. I think it's possible our current crop of young players might get a premiership but not a dynasty. I think we would need at least 2 more generational players to have that.

So Newcombe is a generational player? And if you had two more players of that standard you would have a dynasty? With only Newcombe maybe just a flag?

eltonjohn3.jpg

When bulldogs then richmond then eagles won, it looked like the league was in a between time

Then richmond won 2 more.

Don’t think Geelong or Melbourne look capable of a 3-4 year in the mix

Remove this Banner Ad

Back