Prediction The Next Five (The Next Four Pt. 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

CM9000

BigFooty Optimist
Aug 19, 2016
Perth, WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Cheers to Patron for prompting this thread.

So, after going 4-0 against Port, Hawthorn, Richmond and GWS, it's time to cast our eyes to the next five games:
1. Sydney at the SCG
2. Essendon at home
3. Adelaide at our second home (AO)
4. GWS at home
5. Collingwood at the MCG

This stretch contains some of our most challenging matches for the season. We haven't beaten Sydney at the SCG in a decade, the drug cheats always prove annoying, Adelaide could regain some of their stars when we play, and unknown Collingwood player #65 could be BOG against us once again (plus it's also at the MCG). Overall, it looks like the most easiest match would be GWS at home.

Here's my prediction for how we'll go:
Sydney - 50/50
Essendon - Certain win
Adelaide - Depends on the ins for the Crows, but I'm 90% sure we'll win
GWS - Could be worrying if they get their stars back, otherwise I think we'll win comfortably
Collingwood - 50/50

I think we could go 5-0 here if things go right, although 4-1/3-2 is a bit more realistic (loss to either/both Sydney or Collingwood).

How will we go?

I think we'll go 3/2 but in the process announce ourselves as contenders. We'll slip up against the Crows and GWS but Beat the swans, dons and collingwood.

To beat the hawks in Melbourne, collingwood at the G and the swans in Sydney would leave us 13-3 and having ticked off pretty much every longstanding query over our team.

Either our loss to GWS or the Crows will be decided by some very dodgy umpiring and a kangaroo court style upholding of justice so sought by the pricktorian commentators and media muppets. Most likely GWS here in Perth, thus hardening us even more and steeling us for our finals challenge.

We'll probably win against the Swans or Pies but * up one of the other three. Get our surprise loss out the way before finals time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Call me pessimistic but I can’t see us doing 5-0. I’d bet we struggle a little after the break before coming home strong at the end of ye season. 2 wins, 3 losses during this period

Well, given how well my prediction about the last four went (1-3 or 2-2, actually 4-0) I'll follow the same strategy.

Based on evidence of this season so far:
Top group = Eagles, Richmond, Sydney, Melbourne, Geelong, North
Middle group = Hawthorn, Port, Adelaide, Collingwood, GWS
Bottom group = Brisbane, GCS, Carlton, St Kilda, Bulldogs, Fremantle, Essendon

So:
Lose to Sydney (same group, away)
Win the rest because we're the better team.

I have very little confidence in this prediction...

Pies at the G. Loss
Swans at the SCG. Loss
Essendon at Home. 50/50. campaigners play well over here and get good support plus they have that whole Jekyll and Hyde thing happening.
Adelaide at AO. Win. Crows injury list is brootal
GWS at Home. Win. I think we have worked these guys out.

you
Well, given how well my prediction about the last four went (1-3 or 2-2, actually 4-0) I'll follow the same strategy.

Based on evidence of this season so far:
Top group = Eagles, Richmond, Sydney, Melbourne, Geelong, North
Middle group = Hawthorn, Port, Adelaide, Collingwood, GWS
Bottom group = Brisbane, GCS, Carlton, St Kilda, Bulldogs, Fremantle, Essendon

So:
Lose to Sydney (same group, away)
Win the rest because we're the better team.

I have very little confidence in this prediction...
are on the money

I think the Swans are tough but they are beatable at the SCG this year for some reason. Looked tired against Carlton last weekend and we normally come back from the bye very well. We are a good chance there.

Of the other games only Collingwood at the G looks to be a loss for me. But I really want them to roll those campaigners just to stop the “can’t win at the G” rhetoric and put the fear of God into the Vic’s.

If North can beat Sydney at the SCG, so can we. Adelaide are decimated by injury and we play Adelaide Oval well. If ever there was a time to break our Pies @ MCG hoodoo, now is the time.

All are winnable games but I wouldn't bank on the 8 points against GWS and Essendon for sure.

Head: 2-3
Heart: 5-0

We'll win both home games and hopefully 1-2 on the road.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back