Prediction The next four-club player

Who will be the next player to play AFL for four clubs?

• Jared Polec

Votes: 47 27.2%
  • Anthony Miles

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Tom Scully

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Jack Hombsch

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Lachie Henderson

Votes: 26 15.0%
  • Sam Menegola

Votes: 7 4.0%
  • Joel Hamling

Votes: 7 4.0%
  • Josh Caddy

Votes: 48 27.7%
  • Other (none of those currently on 3)

Votes: 9 5.2%
  • Dom Tyson

Votes: 15 8.7%
  • Jarryd Lyons

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • Mav Weller

Votes: 3 1.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Podsiadly? I feel like being rookie listed by 2 clubs like say Menegola doesn’t really count.
Ack didn't check that one. Unfortunately I can't delete it now...

Yeah, I always felt Caddy was a chance. There's something oddly satisfying about players who show precisely zero loyalty to a club.

Also I think it’s interesting how many of the names in the poll were at some stage at the expansion clubs. Shows the extent to which expansion has stunted development in some of the players unlucky enough to be drafted to GWS and GC.

Anyway I hope it’s Jared Polec. I hope he goes to a fourth state in the process.

Also I think it’s interesting how many of the names in the poll were at some stage at the expansion clubs. Shows the extent to which expansion has stunted development in some of the players unlucky enough to be drafted to GWS and GC.

What an absolute crock of s**t this is.

Caddy was going fine at Gold Coast before he jumped down to Geelong, Tyson just wasn't quite up to AFL standard wherever he's been and ditto Weller. Hombsch was at the Giants a grand total of one year as an 18y.o. key defender before Port got him across.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I could see all of Tyson, Henderson, Polec or Caddy moving to a 4th club. If I were pressed to choose one I’m taking Caddy because he’ll do it on his terms. Polec could do it on his terms, but I reckon his moves have been right place right time.

FWIW even though it would be the shock of a lifetime for him to move again Mumford is currently at his 3rd club.

Probably not as likely as it’s Jed’s 3rd club already!

Not really, he's only ever been on 2 clubs lists.

He was a pre-listed zone player and was on traded as soon as he was prelisted.

In a similar criteria, Jaeger O'Meara and Jessie Hogan are also at their 3rd clubs....

Not really, he's only ever been on 2 clubs lists.

He was a pre-listed zone player and was on traded as soon as he was prelisted.

In a similar criteria, Jaeger O'Meara and Jessie Hogan are also at their 3rd clubs....

How so? Melbourne and GC traded for mini draft picks so those two were never pre-listed.

How so? Melbourne and GC traded for mini draft picks so those two were never pre-listed.

All 3 of them never set foot in GWS as AFL players, all 3 of them were never officially on GWS' list.

Jamie Elliott is not a GWS player.

Andrew Krakouer is not a Gold Coast player.

All 3 of them never set foot in GWS as AFL players, all 3 of them were never officially on GWS' list.

Jamie Elliott is not a GWS player.

Andrew Krakouer is not a Gold Coast player.

Only Anderson of that group was pre-listed and he played with the club (he represented GWS at TAC cup level) so was very much in their system. It’s a pointless discussion though so I’m not particularly fussed with the criteria applied.

Only Anderson of that group was pre-listed and he played with the club (he represented GWS at TAC cup level) so was very much in their system. It’s a pointless discussion though so I’m not particularly fussed with the criteria applied.

Both Elliott and Krakeour were pre-listed GWS players and traded, along with other guys like Cam Richardson who was prelisted by GC...

I don't consider the u/18 GWS side part of the team, just like I don't consider an Academy kid part of that AFL club.

Both Elliott and Krakeour were pre-listed GWS players and traded, along with other guys like Cam Richardson who was prelisted by GC...

I don't consider the u/18 GWS side part of the team, just like I don't consider an Academy kid part of that AFL club.
So Dylan Shiel never played at GWS either?

Back