The Next Month....

Remove this Banner Ad

Gold Coast (away) - WIN - 9 : 1
Swans (home) - WIN - 10 : 1
Richmond (away) - WIN - 11 : 1
Bye
Port Power (away) - LOSS - 11 : 2

Realistically we should beat GC & Swans. I am not sure about Richmond; they seem to be finding form even though it is a depleted team.

Have we won a game after the mid-year bye? Our record against Port in Adelaide is good, but...

Interesting three week run coming up:

- Sydney at KP (the one side that seems to have our number at that ground)
- Richmond at the 'G (on paper the toughest game remaining of our fixture)
- Port at Adelaide Oval (will the post-bye hoodoo continue?)

Need to keep picking up wins to stave off the teams below us who are all about to hit a soft part of their draw.

Interesting three week run coming up:

- Sydney at KP (the one side that seems to have our number at that ground)
- Richmond at the 'G (on paper the toughest game remaining of our fixture)
- Port at Adelaide Oval (will the post-bye hoodoo continue?)

Need to keep picking up wins to stave off the teams below us who are all about to hit a soft part of their draw.
We also have to lose games sometime. Rather we didn't go into another finals series 21-1 thanks.:$

We also have to lose games sometime. Rather we didn't go into another finals series 21-1 thanks.:$

We can lose to Brisbane in Round 22. Last three times we won the flag, we lost in the second last round of the season. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bye

Realistically we should beat GC & Swans. I am not sure about Richmond; they seem to be finding form even though it is a depleted team.

Have we won a game after the mid-year bye? Our record against Port in Adelaide is good, but...
The Swannies have troubled us in the past at home but this year, can’t see it on current form. The Tiges are building. For all their injury woes they are still sitting ok on the ladder. Their stars will return in the second half of the year and they could have real momentum going into the finals. They and the Piemen loom as the real threats in Sept at the G. Take each week as it comes but plan for the big dance as no doubt Scotty and the boys are doing.

I'd accept 2-2, given how Richmond have been a struggle for us recently (lost our last three - last win was R21 2017) and I'm not certain whether 'new' Geelong will have the same post-bye problems 'old' Geelong had.

3-1 would be ideal, there's a fair chance we'll drop a game along the next month (most likely Port). 4-0 would be incredible and with the draw we have coming up I can see us progressing well

1-3 would be a possibility for 'old' Geelong, but I think 'new' Geelong is past dropping games like we did in the past few years

Probably where Scott’s gameplan came undone tbh
Well, I'm guessing when were up by 31 at half time against the Hawks, with a wry smile, Scotty said, "hey, I know we're up by 31 points against the reigning premiers, but did you know that during our premiership years we lost all our second-last games of the season? Just think about that" as he eyeballed the senior players. The team then gave away its 31-point lead in a quarter and wound up losing by 23 points. Knowing that he had assured himself of another flag by following the path set out by fate of round 22 losses leading to flags, Scott smugly proclaimed that a mission had been accomplished. At the time this seemed rather bemusing to all but now we clearly know to what he was referring.

Well, I'm guessing when were up by 31 at half time against the Hawks, with a wry smile, Scotty said, "hey, I know we're up by 31 points against the reigning premiers, but did you know that during our premiership years we lost all our second-last games of the season? Just think about that" as he eyeballed the senior players. The team then gave away its 31-point lead in a quarter and wound up losing by 23 points. Knowing that he had assured himself of another flag by following the path set out by fate of round 22 losses leading to flags, Scott smugly proclaimed that a mission had been accomplished. At the time this seemed rather bemusing to all but now we clearly know to what he was referring.

I think it’s well established that that quote itself is solely responsible for any onfield failure we’ve experienced since

Good. We've slackened off a bit for these two "easy" games. A period of little tests will show us where we are at more than even our strong form during the first block of the season did.
There is merit to this post.

I would say that during the pre-season, coaches build unique game plans for their teams that are based on their players capabilities, maturity, time in the system and then teach and drill their players.

They also develop plans to counter opposition styles. Generally teams wouldn’t have time or the ability to learn every teams style, rather they would focus on who they think they’ll be contending against and back their style to dominate or pick apart teams who are below them.

So I’d expect that we’d have put a lot more thought and effort toward Richmond and Sydney, than GC, WB, NM or even Port (maybe).

So I’d expect that we’d have put a lot more thought and effort toward Richmond and Sydney, than GC, WB, NM or even Port (maybe).

I think that could be the reason that in years gone by we've come out firing and played good footy against the best teams, and then looked abysmal and lost against teams that we should be towelling up.

This year, I'm thinking a little more thought has gone into winning every match, not just the hard ones, which is why we've beaten teams like Essendon and North. The last few years, the North match is one we probably would've dropped

Bye

3 games we have struggled with in a row. We're 0-3 vs the Swans in our last 3 at KP, 0-3 vs the Tigers in our last 3 at the MCG and 0-7 after the mid-season bye despite playing a number of lowly sides. That's a 3 game stretch that will tell us a LOT about the team going forward.

3 games we have struggled with in a row. We're 0-3 vs the Swans in our last 3 at KP, 0-3 vs the Tigers in our last 3 at the MCG and 0-7 after the mid-season bye despite playing a number of lowly sides. That's a 3 game stretch that will tell us a LOT about the team going forward.
Against that, our record on the MCG had been woeful in recent years....

Against that, our record on the MCG had been woeful in recent years....
It's actually crazy to think than in the last 13 games vs those 3 scenarios we're actually 0-13. It's really cherry picking stats but I'm not sure we have any other losing streaks like that?

You must really have a serious case of SOL with Scott to post that BS
Surely each new season is an opportunity to reset for the team including Scott
We’re playing a high pressure , super efficient brand unrecognisable from last season yet fools are fixated on bringing up past failures :(
Thank God Chris and his team aren’t locked into that paradigm - it’s a new season and we’re a completely different proposition- we should all embrace that and enjoy the ride:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back