Media The Next Sweet FA Admin is...

Remove this Banner Ad

What was frustrating was that Neale had to present a Brownlow to himself but last night by contrast, all rules were off.
Yeah this stuck out to me as well. Not a lot of social distancing happening straight after the game but Gary Ablett walks off instead of being chaired off. I know we're still getting used to this new normal but everything seemed to go out the window last night.

oh and you guys are kidding yourself if you think the AFL actually gives a sh*t about the kids. Its all about public image to Gil and his ponies.

Wouldn't find that sort of short-sightedness in the Sweet FA.

Like I said, it's worth a lengthy letter.

oh and you guys are kidding yourself if you think the AFL actually gives a sh*t about the kids. Its all about public image to Gil and his ponies.
Incorrect.

The AFL and its Auskick program in particular is the envy of all other sports for a reason - because how much they invest in ensuring it’s continued success. Although, a lot of the Auskick staff have recently been laid off which is sad.

"Thanks for your call ND, bit of controversial stuff there. We now go to Trudy in Sunshine, Trudy you've got a hot take about an AFL conspiracy against Tayla Harris after they called off the Grand Final longest kick this year? "

Incorrect.

The AFL and its Auskick program in particular is the envy of all other sports for a reason - because how much they invest in ensuring it’s continued success. Although, a lot of the Auskick staff have recently been laid off which is sad.
If the A-League had anything near the level of Auskick it wouldn't be as far in the shitter as it is.

Amazing program.

If the A-League had anything near the level of Auskick it wouldn't be as far in the shitter as it is.

Amazing program.
I’m hoping to graduate from Auskick soon

I'm very much excited for the club owned a-league but worried it wont survive this current scare.

also uhh ontopic

get stuffed BC?
It'll be an interesting time. I've been involved with soccer at an administrative level and found there is a culture of entitlement that needs to be eradicated in order for soccer to be successful in Australia. Covid may help with this but I wouldn't hold my breath. The A League shouldn't even attempt to compete for attention with the AFL but focus on building a connection between grass roots and the professional level through Auskick-style games at A-League matches and taking the game to the suburbs and regional centres rather than trying to fill Marvel or Sydney Football Stadium (outside of derbies and the Big Blue).

BC have a few soccer fans in their ranks so they'll be on board with this discussion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s a 3 season term so next race is S34!

A_-1YoAmdB3GpxtaPX6V3KIA2RQ5LBK20hP6CG9dNAgwD648bmvFeKKHQ9lupfwifSzm8jvmFo1sEHs8GmpsSKnQFHSZzTAaupdMxUn9YDiYWA3HlyARrBXI5CsLwlM10vSR_JbxxOSgdzBPm0rpS40E7w=w384-h384

If I were admin I'd time it to end at the conclusion of the even-numbered season whether that saw me serve 2, 3 or 4 seasons.

How about the end of the ‘fixture cycle’ whatever that is?

How about the end of the ‘fixture cycle’ whatever that is?
A fixture cycle. Good one! That would imply that the admin had organised such a thing.

Jokes aside, the current fixture cycle is one calendar year or two seasons. This shouldn't really impact when an admin steps down though as the fixture cycle should be organised at the beginning of the year so an admin commencing in July should be able to pick up the 'back half' of the cycle and adjust according to requests without having to reinvent the wheel.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back