The NFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

as food as Mat Ryan was getting caught with the ball and getting pushed out of field goal range was horrible.

and was not his Fault. The Defense turned to s**t in 2nd Half and had there RB and a Lineman go down Injured did not help.

Falcons Secondary was Destroyed by Brady in 2nd Half

and was not his Fault. The Defense turned to s**t in 2nd Half and had there RB and a Lineman go down Injured did not help.

Falcons Secondary was Destroyed by Brady in 2nd Half

agree on the secondary but the door was kept open when he got sacked. you cant get sacked in that situation.

agree on the secondary but the door was kept open when he got sacked. you cant get sacked in that situation.

I felt that be more his Offensive Line letting him down as he did get sack a few times.

He will know be Labled a Chocker which I felt is not really True

You got their team total exactly right. ;)

Though Falcons should never of Lost.

But after the Catch by Elderman you knew for Sure the Results and who side the Gridion Gods where on. Same Thing Happened to them when the Giants Beat them

Yeah that catch was a bit Tyree-like, although I think unlike Tyree, Edelman just made an amazing catch rather than making the simple look impossibly difficult.

The Falcons should have stuck to running the ball up 8. They got creamed in time of possession and their defence just got too tired.

Yeah that catch was a bit Tyree-like, although I think unlike Tyree, Edelman just made an amazing catch rather than making the simple look impossibly difficult.

The Falcons should have stuck to running the ball up 8. They got creamed in time of possession and their defence just got too tired.

That is a Good Point. Them scoring so Quickly actually Hurt Them in the 2nd Half. Offense was Fresh as they Scored Quickly but Patriots having the ball lot more was Tiring the Falcons D.

Agree should of Ran More and also run down time.

Edleman catch had bit of Luck as IF not Kicked it was Incomplete. Pats had everything going for them by that time

I RUDDY LOVE THIS TEAM!!!!!!!!!!

NEVER SAY DIE PATS!!!!!!!!!!

YEAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

I hope you being Right With the Pats as you are with McCarthy;)

Still Pissed that Falcons could not just held on.

Pats should of won in Regulation as they missed a PAT

Pats should of won in Regulation as they missed a PAT
Which just meant they had to go for a 2-pt conversion later that would otherwise have been a PAT attempt. No way Belichick would have gone for two down 27-28, so it's a moot point.

The Falcons lost the game, in my opinion, by calling "pass" at 2nd and 11, with 3:55 left on the clock, up 28-20 at the Pats 23 yard line. Had they run it, they may have gained a few or lost one or two, but certainly wouldn't have gotten Ryan sacked and still would have gotten the Pats to use a TO. Then 3rd and 13 at the 25, at worst, they could have run it again, gotten the Pats to burn another TO and then kicked a FG to go up 31-20.

As it was, they lost a heap of yardage on that 2nd and 11 play, had to throw on 3rd down and not only failed to keep the clock running but gave away a blatant penalty, putting them out of FG range.

I don't know if that was Shanahan's call, I think he's a great offensive coordinator and should make a good head coach for the 49ers next season, but that was a bad, bad decision. Unless you score a TD on that play, even a first down isn't a great payoff when you're only on 2nd down and trying to run the clock, and the risks of an interception or a sack (as eventuated) are significant.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back