Injury The Nick '426' Smith tribute thread: Post all injury news here

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll update op when home.

Thank god we actually have reasonable depth in defence
Not really. McDonalds and Frost are now our only three KPDs in any capacity, and all three are arguably best 22. Hulett played down back today for the first time, and Pedo hasn't played there for three years.

Garland out for the year. Jetta/Smith/Frost/Hibberd all under an injury cloud going into round one.

Its a big concern.

Not really. McDonalds and Frost are now our only three KPDs in any capacity, and all three are arguably best 22. Hulett played down back today for the first time, and Pedo hasn't played there for three years.

Garland out for the year. Jetta/Smith/Frost/Hibberd all under an injury cloud going into round one.

Its a big concern.

KPDs yes we are stretched, small/medium is fine just bad luck a bunch are injured at once.

Any news on Wagner? Not in the OP, wasn't mentioned in Misson's injury update?

I really hope we don't rush Hibberd back for the Carlton game, if we lose to them it won't be because he didn't play but we'll need him against the Cats.

Any news on Wagner? Not in the OP, wasn't mentioned in Misson's injury update?

Haven't seen anything since he was in rehab group, I'm pretty sure club policy is to have guys train full contact for a few weeks before they bring them back into games. Looks like we're putting a big emphasis on match fitness which can only help with long term player health, availability and form.

I think they'll play Smith. If it was a week they could do a dodgy but 3 weeks? May as well elevate him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JKH should be back for round 1 of the VFL (which is round 3-4 of afl i think)
Why does the vfl start so late compared to the afl?

Sent from my SM-P555 using Tapatalk

Why does the vfl start so late compared to the afl?

Sent from my SM-P555 using Tapatalk
Because we play two different leagues and we finish on the AFL Prelim so it doesn't affect the AFL Grand Final
So starting later plus having 3 byes in the season make it up

Updated again using this as a reference. I noticed they've quietly pushed VDB out to 6-8 weeks from an original 4-6 a couple weeks ago. JKH and Mitch White were listed as available so I've taken them off as you'd imagine they play for Casey this week or next, and Wagner wasn't even mentioned so I'm assuming he is close to full match fitness.

Updated again using this as a reference. I noticed they've quietly pushed VDB out to 6-8 weeks from an original 4-6 a couple weeks ago. JKH and Mitch White were listed as available so I've taken them off as you'd imagine they play for Casey this week or next, and Wagner wasn't even mentioned so I'm assuming he is close to full match fitness.
Wagner was handing out membership scarves at the dees tent on Sunday. whether that is the same as playing an AFL game I'm not sure. hope this has been helpful...

I really worry for AVB beyond this year - his injury profile, and our growing depth, means he's gradually drifting from top 22 conversations...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back