Injury The Nick '426' Smith tribute thread: Post all injury news here

Remove this Banner Ad

I really worry for AVB beyond this year - his injury profile, and our growing depth, means he's gradually drifting from top 22 conversations...

Injuries are really killing him, I'm not sure if he is best 22 but I do think the match committee see him in it as he has basically played every time he has been fully fit.

Wagner was handing out membership scarves at the dees tent on Sunday. whether that is the same as playing an AFL game I'm not sure. hope this has been helpful...
Depends. Did he hit his targets?

Taking the glass half full approach after years of negativity. This is a good opportunity for Spencer and others who wouldn't get a look in, if we had a fully fit playing list.

Like the approach Lyon/Clarko/Bevo have done "one solider down, another steps up"

All I can think of is that the powers that be rate Spencer hugely

Very hugely.

0cf2ee897fa0df4452abbac9c6d878be

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Herald Sun put out injury lists in an article today but there was literally no changes to anyones prognosis (They also said Hannan played well in round 2, sometimes I question if journos even watch games) so aside from Gawn (Who I have edited in) I'll wait to see that segment with Mission on the club website before I edit anyone else.

Updated. Mission said Gawn is 12-14 weeks which doesn't fill me with a lot of confidence that he'll be back before round 20, in good news thought Hibberd will play for Casey on Monday and apparently could have played last week but they held him back so I think he will debut for us on ANZAC eve providing he gets through the game.

Updated. Mission said Gawn is 12-14 weeks which doesn't fill me with a lot of confidence that he'll be back before round 20, in good news thought Hibberd will play for Casey on Monday and apparently could have played last week but they held him back so I think he will debut for us on ANZAC eve providing he gets through the game.
Good news, we need the bloody help.

Updated after the injury report. King and Hulett both back in full training, Wagner may be back earlier than expected, Garland has started bike sessions and Gawns surgery went well but no mention of timeline for him. They also mentioned VDB as 6-8 again which doesn't fill me with confidence, he's been sitting on that for about a month.

Vanders apparently still eight weeks away which is disappointing.

King is available for Casey this week - pretty timely comeback should Spencer go down.

Wonder if King will start in the Dev league or straight into Casey's firsts? VitalDread any thoughts?
Straight to development imo
Dont want to risk anything and likely only play half a game

Hes itching to go

Remove this Banner Ad

Back