schmuttt

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
West Ham United
Updated after the club injury report went up:

Gawn - Mission says he will do his first run this weekend and 'probably 8-10 weeks away' which would be fantastic considering the last couple weeks Mission was leaning towards longer than 12 weeks

Petracca - Training well and will go through a test

Gus - Will definitely be fine for next week but just not risking it this week

Tim Smith - Still in hospital but should be discharged soon, didn't give a timeframe

Cannon82

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Updated after the club injury report went up:

Gawn - Mission says he will do his first run this weekend and 'probably 8-10 weeks away' which would be fantastic considering the last couple weeks Mission was leaning towards longer than 12 weeks

Petracca - Training well and will go through a test

Gus - Will definitely be fine for next week but just not risking it this week

Tim Smith - Still in hospital but should be discharged soon, didn't give a timeframe
I hope they rest Petracca. Short turnaround and with injuries starting to pile up, we don't need to push him through unless he's 100% right to go.

Proper Gander

Owl whisperer and secret agent
Feb 15, 2015
Port Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Gawn is walking freely? Bring him back in under strict instructions that he can only walk within the centre circles, would legitimately add value to the team. Doesn't even need to come to the quarter time huddles or the rooms at half time, they can just take out a cut lunch to him.
I like the idea of a cut lunch. A ploughman's on a board would be good. With some Stilton, a pork pie and some gherkins and a boiled egg.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

rhaz

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 30, 2008
AFL Club
Melbourne
Forgot about him!!
Would still be a few weeks off yeah?
Really hoping he can get 4-5 games before the end of the year, or at the very least be lighting a fire up the ass of Wagner and O. Mac from the VFL.

Canary

All Australian
Oct 1, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Reading FC
We've only seen ~10 minutes of J. Smith in the seniors yet I'd pick him right now if he was available.

Bluelegs

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2012
Robbo's sleeve
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Axiom, Greenbay Packers
How likely is Jayden Hunt to miss this weekend for you guys?
Comes down to what the club wants to do. Was up and about after the incident and back on the ground at the end of the game so it doesn't look like he's having too many issues but if the club decide to be extra cautious then he'll have a week off.

schmuttt

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
West Ham United
Sorry will update this later tonight, forgot last week.

schmuttt

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
West Ham United
Updated.

If we can ******* win the next 3 like we ******* should, we'll get quite a few players back just after the bye and could be in a very strong position.

Proper Gander

Owl whisperer and secret agent
Feb 15, 2015
Port Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Hawthorn related since it is Frawley related, but does anyone know what 'turf-toe' actually means? Is that what Frost had last year?

It sounds vaguely equine to me for some reason, which is pretty stupid since horses don't have toes. At least I don't think they do. Hard to tell through their hoofs

Yakker

Fisherman
Apr 7, 2016
-23.903529, 152.398097
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Hawthorn related since it is Frawley related, but does anyone know what 'turf-toe' actually means? Is that what Frost had last year?

It sounds vaguely equine to me for some reason, which is pretty stupid since horses don't have toes. At least I don't think they do. Hard to tell through their hoofs

CTHORANGE

Club Legend
May 7, 2012
Over There
AFL Club
Melbourne

I think it's along the lines of getting the toe jammed in the ground, aka turf, while pushing off and doing some nastyish ligament damage.

Maybe a horses hoof is a toe shield, like a giant toe nail wrapped around their feet. Developed by evolution to protect horses from the dreaded turf toe that had dogged them for aeons. Honestly I think we need to get out the nail clippers and cut one open, just to be sure.

schmuttt

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
West Ham United
Updated, afl.com.au injury list had some different numbers to what Mission said on the club site so I'll take Missions video as more accurate.

Topkent

Premium Platinum
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
How is AVB still 8 weeks away? Thats basically his season done. Not good at all I reckon he would be a good player around September

Top Bottom