Injury The Nick '426' Smith tribute thread: Post all injury news here

Remove this Banner Ad

Updated after the club injury report went up:

Gawn - Mission says he will do his first run this weekend and 'probably 8-10 weeks away' which would be fantastic considering the last couple weeks Mission was leaning towards longer than 12 weeks

Petracca - Training well and will go through a test

Gus - Will definitely be fine for next week but just not risking it this week

Tim Smith - Still in hospital but should be discharged soon, didn't give a timeframe

Updated after the club injury report went up:

Gawn - Mission says he will do his first run this weekend and 'probably 8-10 weeks away' which would be fantastic considering the last couple weeks Mission was leaning towards longer than 12 weeks

Petracca - Training well and will go through a test

Gus - Will definitely be fine for next week but just not risking it this week

Tim Smith - Still in hospital but should be discharged soon, didn't give a timeframe

I hope they rest Petracca. Short turnaround and with injuries starting to pile up, we don't need to push him through unless he's 100% right to go.

I hope they rest Petracca. Short turnaround and with injuries starting to pile up, we don't need to push him through unless he's 100% right to go.

If its bone bruising he should be okay - that doesnt have any structural risk to his knee.

Gawn is walking freely? Bring him back in under strict instructions that he can only walk within the centre circles, would legitimately add value to the team. Doesn't even need to come to the quarter time huddles or the rooms at half time, they can just take out a cut lunch to him.

Gawn is walking freely? Bring him back in under strict instructions that he can only walk within the centre circles, would legitimately add value to the team. Doesn't even need to come to the quarter time huddles or the rooms at half time, they can just take out a cut lunch to him.
I like the idea of a cut lunch. A ploughman's on a board would be good. With some Stilton, a pork pie and some gherkins and a boiled egg.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Forgot about him!!
Would still be a few weeks off yeah?

Really hoping he can get 4-5 games before the end of the year, or at the very least be lighting a fire up the ass of Wagner and O. Mac from the VFL.

How likely is Jayden Hunt to miss this weekend for you guys?

Comes down to what the club wants to do. Was up and about after the incident and back on the ground at the end of the game so it doesn't look like he's having too many issues but if the club decide to be extra cautious then he'll have a week off.

Hawthorn related since it is Frawley related, but does anyone know what 'turf-toe' actually means? Is that what Frost had last year?

It sounds vaguely equine to me for some reason, which is pretty stupid since horses don't have toes. At least I don't think they do. Hard to tell through their hoofs

Hawthorn related since it is Frawley related, but does anyone know what 'turf-toe' actually means? Is that what Frost had last year?

It sounds vaguely equine to me for some reason, which is pretty stupid since horses don't have toes. At least I don't think they do. Hard to tell through their hoofs

I think it's along the lines of getting the toe jammed in the ground, aka turf, while pushing off and doing some nastyish ligament damage.

Maybe a horses hoof is a toe shield, like a giant toe nail wrapped around their feet. Developed by evolution to protect horses from the dreaded turf toe that had dogged them for aeons. Honestly I think we need to get out the nail clippers and cut one open, just to be sure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back