• Keep it at 2.30pm

Votes: 230 59.6%
  • Twilight (5pm)

Votes: 82 21.2%
  • Night (7pm)

Votes: 74 19.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Still prefer the day Grannie. Better spectacle, the heat adds an additional element to the game and better atmosphere.

Would hate to have been a supporter today having to wait for so long. I'm a nervous wreck on Grand Final day let alone Grand Final evening.

5pm is best. 7pm start means everyone has to wait until around 4-5pm before can go to gatherings and also too late to do anything post game. 5pm would be best of both worlds - go to gatherings around 2-3pm and be able to go out to dinner/drinks post game, also kids can watch the game before bed.

Would be better with a full MCG but it was alright, I’d revert back to Afternoon though. If they did however choose a night grand final I’d hope they make it an hour earlier atleast seeing as quarters will hopefully back to normal so the presentations don’t go so late, the kids should be able to watch it without being half asleep. It also doesn’t leave enough time to celebrate if you’re the victors, part of being premiers is being able to celebrate the night rather than only finding out at 11pm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I enjoyed the GF tonight. But we had to put my daughter's to bed (all pre-school).

If it was during the day I would have had them watch the game with me.

The night grand final may be great for for adults, but if they want to make family friendly then the 2.30pm fixture is better.

Impossible to judge from a vic perspective being locked down other than I had better things to do in the afternoon.

But it had a very flat feeling to it which I believe was due to covid.

I enjoyed the GF tonight. But we had to put my daughter's to bed (all pre-school).

If it was during the day I would have had them watch the game with me.

The night grand final may be great for for adults, but if they want to make family friendly then the 2.30pm fixture is better.
I never get this ? What is the worst that will happen if they stay up ?

Grumpy pants and a nap ?

First of all, fantastic match, Richmond what a side and Dusty with the Makybe Diva 'we'll never see anything like that again' s**t - you absolute superstar.

Having said that, never again re: the night grand final please. Rather than the unique Australian sporting event of gathering around with family and friends to watch during the day / over a barbeque, it felt like just another TV night a la tuning in for the next nightly episode of SAS Australia or some s**t. The build up as they ran out onto the ground felt like a ******* NRL grand final.

tenor.gif

Didn't feel like a Grand Final, but obviously the Gabba isn't equipped to have the atmosphere for an AFL grand final. Didn't really think the entertainment was enhanced by it being at night to be honest.

I might be a traditionalist but I really like the glistening golden turf when it's a sunny Grand Final. At least we can say we witnessed an AFL Grand Final away from the MCG at night. But back to normalcy next year please.

Shocking slot to have the GF and compounded even more in lockdown.
A drag of a day.

If ratings is the reason to have it at night, move it to a Wednesday and don’t be half arsed with a Saturday night.
Better things to do on a Saturday night outside lockdown. And what shows ever get put on a Saturday night because of ratings? None.

Last edited:
Didn't feel like a Grand Final, but obviously the Gabba isn't equipped to have the atmosphere for an AFL grand final. Didn't really think the entertainment was enhanced by it being at night to be honest.

I might be a traditionalist but I really like the glistening golden turf when it's a sunny Grand Final. At least we can say we witnessed an AFL Grand Final away from the MCG at night. But back to normalcy next year please.

Only half the grass is golden turf any more at the 'G at 230pm, thanks to the members roof... wish that thing had been retractable

Back