The Nike Way of thinking

Remove this Banner Ad

Was very good at family day. Introduced himself to all of us in the VIP group we were in and had conversations with most people. Hopefully we're in good hands with him.
I second this observation. I'm not in any VIP group but David was very approachable and mixed it with the rank and file supporters for most of the day.

I second this observation. I'm not in any VIP group but David was very approachable and mixed it with the rank and file supporters for most of the day.
I'm not a VIP at all, just paid $50 for the experience, which was a good one. Asides from getting quite sunburnt.

I like Stevo, seems a good bloke, has a great pedigree and a velvety smooth voice. But gee you can tell he comes from an environment where bullshit corporate-speak thrives. Just so cringeworthy.

Aince when did North Ringwood top the charts for the breeding ground of corporate bullshit speak? :p
(I actually found out just after he got the role that I went to primary school with him - he was a couple of years below. Had a great chat to him at the end of year Social Club event. Hi David if you are reading)

I seriously hope the rumblings around second rate media outlets of unrest inside the club is not true, stuff like this isn't convincing me otherwise.

I seriously hope the rumblings around second rate media outlets of unrest inside the club is not true, stuff like this isn't convincing me otherwise.
This wouldn't have anything to do with what 'Sports News First' posted last week. It's just coincidental timing.

I'm not sure if I'm alone here or not, but I never once saw Stevenson promoting the club publicly. Obviously this thread says he did have somewhat of an image, but to me he was invisible (maybe I just wasn't looking in the right places)

This wouldn't have anything to do with what 'Sports News First' posted last week. It's just coincidental timing.

I'm not sure if I'm alone here or not, but I never once saw Stevenson promoting the club publicly. Obviously this thread says he did have somewhat of an image, but to me he was invisible (maybe I just wasn't looking in the right places)
Yeah I'm most probably being pessimistic after this crap weekend.
I agree, never saw Stevenson outside of the initial press release of his appointment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kinda hope Grant doesnt become CEO.
I really liked David because he came from outside football and provided different ideas etc
I agree that we should go someone coming from outside of football (but with somewhat of a link, so they do know the industry).

It's a tricky position to fill, but I'm sure Gordon will have done his homework - I'm sure this must have been coming for some time.

Timing couldnt be worse lets be honest.
Just when you need all the elements of your club pulling together a key part of ours is falling apart.

The clubs statement better contain answers - not just the usual spin

What were his ideas? I didn't see our club marketing improve at all since he took over.
He was investing a lot of time in getting sponsorship for the womens team which would have gain a few million for us

Yeah I'm most probably being pessimistic after this crap weekend.
I agree, never saw Stevenson outside of the initial press release of his appointment.

The few times I did see him or hear him speak I wasn't overly impressed. I've been associated with several CEOs and senior executives in business before I retired and most of them had a presence or even charisma. They mixed with people from all walks of life in a comfortable personable manner, I never really saw this from Stevenson, he appeared a little fish out of water to me, not quite fitting into a football club environment. But that's just me making a snap judgement from very limited exposure to him, so what would I know.

What the hell is going on?
I love what Gordon has done for the club - we are indebted to him. I'm starting to wonder whether he is just too hands on and that the CEO just doesn't get the normal freedom to do the day to day stuff that CEO's need to do - or was it that he just wasn't the right person

The few times I did see him or hear him speak I wasn't overly impressed. I've been associated with several CEOs and senior executives in business before I retired and most of them had a presence or even charisma. They mixed with people from all walks of life in a comfortable personable manner, I never really saw this from Stevenson, he appeared a little fish out of water to me, not quite fitting into a football club environment. But that's just me making a snap judgement from very limited exposure to him, so what would I know.

On the plane back from Sydney he went up to every bulldog supporter and thanked them
I also know someone that has had dealing with him commercially and been very impressed.

On the plane back from Sydney he went up to every bulldog supporter and thanked them
I also know someone that has had dealing with him commercially and been very impressed.
As in this thread, there is the odd anecdote but publicly, he did not appear to have made any mark whatsoever. I don't know if that was part of the problem, but I would say that the average Bulldogs fan would not have a clue what he even looked like, let alone have seen any impact. Surely part of the job includes promotion of the club in the public arena, and of that he was silent.

He may well have been a terrific bloke to speak to in person, but the role requires more than that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back