3DS The Nintendo 3DS Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought I'd start a thread on this too see who else is planning on picking one up?

I'm hanging out for a release date and price as I can't wait to get my hands on one!

The games list for this baby is awesome! :thumbsu: Zelda OoT....drools

I don't know how to react to this. I got a Nintendo DS a year and a half back and have played it about 10 times all up, even with GTA: Chinatown Wars I didn't really ever feel compelled to go back to it when I have my PS3 to play bigger and better games on.

That being said, some of the games coming to the 3DS are amazing. Sure many may just be simple ports from old consoles, but they're the best possible games that could be getting these ports. MGS3, Zelda, Starfox 64, Saints Row amongst some other amazing titles.

So I am not sure whether I ditch the DS for the 3DS and just hope that I do feel compelled to give it a go more than I have the DS, or just stick with the DS and wait until the 3DS gets taken over by something better and then get it.:D

its hard not to initially think that its just a gimmick....

but impressions from journalists have nearly been universally positive.....as in the 3d really stands out

I guess these pics can give us an idea

tumblr_kwy2bvobzz1qaoto2o1_400.gif

argh.gif

the girl tethered to the device could have something to do with it though >,>

shigeru-miyamoto-20100617033604248.jpg

2qrzwcn.jpg

whoever thought of that idea should get a raise :3

too bad starfox is just a remake.... :/

but I guess they're testing the waters for more sequels

Kid Icarus looked amazing..... something like Sin and Punishment

I'm nearly never an early adopter..... and the fact that the DS lite came out not that long after the DS phat.....

but its really $#@#ing tempting

"Do you come with the 3DS...if so YES!!!!!!!!!!!!":thumbsu::D:thumbsu:

LOL...Reminds me of that Simpsons episode...

Man entering comp for car: "do you come with the car?"
Model: "hehehe...oh you".

lol

wow....those 3d pics you posted are absolutely incredible midori!

also hutch don't bother getting another ds.
the handhelds are mainly if you're going to play them traveling to uni or work on train or just a few mins before bed type of thing.
like you said you'll never play it over the ps3 while you're at home.

it's the reason i sold my psp a year or 2 ago....just didn't play it because ps3 dominated the spare time.

Star Fox 64 is getting tweaked though, so it could be amazing. I heard OOT was getting tweaks which have been revealed to be a ton of things including a better upgrade to make the water temple, you know, less sh*t.

Cant wait. The list of 70 games put out seems incredible. Couldnt find the list but i did find some of the games i cant wait for!

Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition
Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater
A Boy and his Blob
Ridge Racer
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Mario Kart 3DS
Paper Mario
PilotWings Resort
Star Fox 64 3D
Sonic Colors
Final Fantasy
Assassin's Creed: Lost Legacy

wow....those 3d pics you posted are absolutely incredible midori!

also hutch don't bother getting another ds.
the handhelds are mainly if you're going to play them traveling to uni or work on train or just a few mins before bed type of thing.
like you said you'll never play it over the ps3 while you're at home.

it's the reason i sold my psp a year or 2 ago....just didn't play it because ps3 dominated the spare time.

Disagree, the handheld systems can compete on their own right, I never play my DS whilst travelling, I do choose it over the PS3 and Wii sometimes. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean others won't.

Disagree, the handheld systems can compete on their own right, I never play my DS whilst travelling, I do choose it over the PS3 and Wii sometimes. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean others won't.

why would i care if you think handhelds can compete with consoles....? what has that got to do with me saying why hbk shouldn't get it for his circumstances...?

from the info shown do you think hbk should get a 3ds!?

don't take what i've said out of its context.

also, when did i say i don't like it? :S

agree Jabso, for some reason I've been playing Heartgold yesterday and today instead of Red Dead

although buying my PSP a while back was a huge mistake

why would i care if you think handhelds can compete with consoles....? what has that got to do with me saying why hbk shouldn't get it for his circumstances...?

from the info shown do you think hbk should get a 3ds!?

don't take what i've said out of its context.

Well in that case maybe I can see your point but your post itself wasn't in the context you may have intended it to be. Especially this
. This was the line I was referring to which had very little context and was presented as universal consensus/fact.

Now you're taking me out of context I never said you said you didn't like it. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess these pics can give us an idea

tumblr_kwy2bvobzz1qaoto2o1_400.gif

argh.gif

i just realised one thing about these images

these are 3D on a normal screen so I'm assuming that the 3DS wont have the shaking from side to side, otherwise couldnt a normal DS just do this?

Well in that case maybe I can see your point but your post itself wasn't in the context you may have intended it to be. Especially this
. This was the line I was referring to which had very little context and was presented as universal consensus/fact.

ok re-reading selected quote i see how it could be taken that way and was worded poorly for people on the outer but it was intended as a direct post to hbk for his time

Now you're taking me out of context I never said you said you didn't like it. ;)

lol touche
but seriously what gave you the impression i don't like...it..?

these are 3D on a normal screen so I'm assuming that the 3DS wont have the shaking from side to side, otherwise couldnt a normal DS just do this?

its probably a special screen made by Sharp where each eye sees a different image..... so no shakiness as long as you hold the device at the right angle.

Parallax.gif

from all reports the trailers for How to train a dragon looked pretty much the same as what you would see in the cinema

except this technology has the benefit of exceptional brightness...

the problem with 3d technology used in Killzone 3/PS3 is that the brightness is cut in half which can lead to a dull image

ok re-reading selected quote i see how it could be taken that way and was worded poorly for people on the outer but it was intended as a direct post to hbk for his time

lol touche
but seriously what gave you the impression i don't like...it..?

Basically the quote that handhelds are only for travelling and can't compete with the likes of ps3 games.

I think those images just showed two slightly different perspectives and it's animated to shift from one image to the other very quickly. Kind of like the different images you get from looking with one eye closed, and then doing the same with the other eye.

My very primitive technological hypothesis is that since the screen is small and you are viewing it from close up they can pretty much emulate the effect of 3D glasses over the top of the screen.

I play my DS far more than my PS3 :/

Will definately get a 3DS but hopefully it has no naseuating screen movements like those shuddering pictures.

Awesome line up though.

I read somewhere though that you shouldn't play the 3DS for more than 30 mins, as it'll **** your eyes real good. So no need for a 3 hr battery life!

Also said that kids under a certain age shouldn't use the 3DS, as it will effect their eye development

Looks like Nintendo are covering their arses for any potential lawsuits.

350 dollars is too much for a handheld device if you ask me.

I'm not sure why people are getting so excited about Zelda OoT. It'd look better on the PC as a rom on a big screen than a tiny little sort of 3d screen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back