Wii/U The Nintendo Wii U thread

Remove this Banner Ad

So the Star Fox game I'm getting on Saturday plays like a Star Fox game?

Giant Bomb are that one friend that gets depressed when they drink and tries to bring everyone else down with them. They dont come across as people who enjoy gaming after their lackluster reactions to Sonys big 3 reveals at E3 last year.

I dont understand how it can feel dated either, did i miss the death of the arcade style on-rail shooter genre? What do they think most VR games are going to be?

IGNs review seems fair and they also have Naomi Kyle, not a bunch of depressive emo critics.

Just wait for the Easy Allies vid review. :thumbsu:

So I preordered the Tokyo Mirage Sessions SE thing for delivery in the morning.

... went back to the product page ten minutes later and the pickup option was available.

Have to wait until tomorrow to fix things. Just in case.

So the Star Fox game I'm getting on Saturday plays like a Star Fox game?

Giant Bomb are that one friend that gets depressed when they drink and tries to bring everyone else down with them. They dont come across as people who enjoy gaming after their lackluster reactions to Sonys big 3 reveals at E3 last year.

I dont understand how it can feel dated either, did i miss the death of the arcade style on-rail shooter genre? What do they think most VR games are going to be?

IGNs review seems fair and they also have Naomi Kyle, not a bunch of depressive emo critics.

Could have just said you're not a fan rather than go ranting :D

Regardless, Giantbomb is largely considered *the* gaming website for gaming. Much less corporate, much more honest. Again, the review is one persons opinion.

Also what were Sony's big reveals? I don't recall being particularly blown away with anything?

Could have just said you're not a fan rather than go ranting :D

Regardless, Giantbomb is largely considered *the* gaming website for gaming. Much less corporate, much more honest. Again, the review is one persons opinion.

Also what were Sony's big reveals? I don't recall being particularly blown away with anything?

FFVII: Remake, Shenmue 3 & The Last Guardian. Which were admittedly 3 games that people have been dreaming of for 10-15 years.

But on Giantbomb, I like them and listen to the Bombcast. Went from occasional listener to weekly when they hired Dan. I find their no bullshit rather refreshing, they are the guys who will actually call out Bethesda for a shitty port, etc. Between them & Kinda Funny I feel like I get what I need gaming commentary wise.

That being said the resident Nintendo lovers from both sites have been talking about Starfox like they are trying to convince themselves that it's good. Rather than the game being excellent itself.

Not sure if it's of any interest to anyone but just incase, it seems apparently Target were stocking & selling first print edition bundles of Star Fox aswell. Literally like 10 of them just sitting on the shelves at my local earlier.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I saw that and I knew Pokemon wouldn't be playable I just want info.

Nintendo get stranger every year though, surely their E3 this year can't be worse than last year, that would be a new low.

I think it's been confirmed though that the NX will get it's own event later in the year to show it off and give us all the info we need.

Well at least this means the Wii U will get a 4.5/5 year lifespan.

I take Zelda U being the only playable demo to mean that theres nothing else much coming until the NX in terms of software. But that ensures they get slaughtered in the holiday season. Interested to see if theres a surprise coming in the lineup because Paper Mario doesnt cut it for the entire second half of the year.

Really surprised by all this news tbh.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back