Play Nice The NM Devils Chessboard thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really interesting conversation about the history of the Turkic Uyghurs and what’s happening in China

For thousands of years, nomadic tribes occupied vast lands beyond the limited reach of pre-modern empires. With the dawn of the modern age, these peoples found themselves locked inside the borders of powerful states whose drive to assimilate subject populations into homogenous national projects has led to a rapid dwindling of human cultural and biodiversity.

The Tarim Basin in northwest China has been home to the Turkic Uyghurs for over a thousand years, but the Chinese Communist Party has worked for decades to eliminate Uyghur cultural identity and demographic predominance. Perhaps no place on earth provides a more frightening example of modern methods and technology applied to man's darkest and most ancient impulses.

A reminder of how did they get here..
Oprah going to be doing a new Hilux episode.

What came first in Ukraine the chicken or the egg..

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone across the story of all the missing women taken by Turkish backed fighters in Syria? That part of the world is so ****ed up and it’s not coming back.

It’s about the EU dependancy of energy resources, legacy of the old USSR.
I can’t remember off the top of my head but I think it’s 5 major pipelines that go from Russia to the EU thru Ukraine.

After the USSR the Ukraine damned their water supply. I’m listening to this podcast right now to get the history on it and man it’s shocking. What the Russians did to them was horrific. Probably some of the hardest stuff I’ve listened to. I’ve always sort of known about the history of that part of Europe but I’ve never really paid a lot of attention to it. It’s really shocking.

After the USSR the Ukraine damned their water supply. I’m listening to this podcast right now to get the history on it and man it’s shocking. What the Russians did to them was horrific. Probably some of the hardest stuff I’ve listened to. I’ve always sort of known about the history of that part of Europe but I’ve never really paid a lot of attention to it. It’s really shocking.

Listening to this podcast now, reminds me of hearing stories of the Arminian genocide.. horrific.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back