Play Nice The NM Devils Chessboard thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What impacts would we feel so far away if there were to be a nuclear attack in the northern hemisphere? Assuming the mushroom cloud could affect the weather? On a side note , watched a great doco called the Manhattan project. This was well before they released Oppenheimer. On that , worth watching?
The US based a bunch of B2 bombers at Amberly AFB last year. Its now a nuclear target and the fallout could hit everywhere from Ballina to Noosa given the prevailing winds.

What impacts would we feel so far away if there were to be a nuclear attack in the northern hemisphere? Assuming the mushroom cloud could affect the weather? On a side note , watched a great doco called the Manhattan project. This was well before they released Oppenheimer. On that , worth watching?

If Russia targeted America with a nuclear bomb, they would trigger a chain reaction with the US responding before the bomb even struck and multiple nuclear bombs would be released, causing a nuclear winter that would block out the sun, and eventually cause another ice age. The whole world would be cactus and civilisation would have to start from scratch again with the few people remaining.

Pretty worrying flex from Russia, if they did this (they won’t imo) it would trigger a nuclear holocaust when the US inevitably sends nukes back.

These *heads won’t to destroy the world.

IMO this is more for a domestic audience, their elections are on now.
It’s a display of power.

Putin’s an old kgb head, he knows ranting about using nuclear weapons is a losers strategy, it’s generally the last refuge type scenario. Ultimately it ends with international isolation.

If Russia targeted America with a nuclear bomb, they would trigger a chain reaction with the US responding before the bomb even struck and multiple nuclear bombs would be released, causing a nuclear winter that would block out the sun, and eventually cause another ice age. The whole world would be cactus and civilisation would have to start from scratch again with the few people remaining.
Would that sun block out extend only across the northern hemisphere? Aren’t we about 14,000 kms from the west coast of the US? What are the capabilities of nuclear weapons these days in terms of immediate fallout? Eg if they dropped a nuclear bomb that impacted the MCG how far would that ‘death zone’ be. All the way to Frankston and Sunbury?

Would that sun block out extend only across the northern hemisphere? Aren’t we about 14,000 kms from the west coast of the US? What are the capabilities of nuclear weapons these days in terms of immediate fallout? Eg if they dropped a nuclear bomb that impacted the MCG how far would that ‘death zone’ be. All the way to Frankston and Sunbury?
I think the biggest nuke ever detonated was a Russian made called tsar, I believe the mushroom cloud was something like 60km high, this was in the 60s.
You can imagine, what they’re like now, both the US and Russian arsenal was like 10,000 each.
Up until the Obama admin, the world was decommissioning all of them, because of the M.A.D. Nature of nukes.

There’s actually a good book about it by Ellsberg called the doomsday machine. Released a couple of years ago.
Ellsberg was the pentagon papers leaker in the 60s.

Last edited:
The US based a bunch of B2 bombers at Amberly AFB last year. Its now a nuclear target and the fallout could hit everywhere from Ballina to Noosa given the prevailing winds.
Is that why you moved to Tassie? :cool:

Its the amount of bombs that would be dropped/sent after the first one that would cause the ash cloud to block out the sun. Asteroids that have hit earth in the past have caused that. Let’s hope we never find out though.

Pretty worrying flex from Russia, if they did this (they won’t imo) it would trigger a nuclear holocaust when the US inevitably sends nukes back.

These *heads won’t to destroy the world.

Russia didn't 'release' that video. It's a mashup from a video game + the end of the Nicolas Cage movie 'Knowing' where a Solar Flare destroys the Earth.

I am begging you all to stop believing every tweet you see and start being more judicious with choosing the sources you choose to post.

Russia didn't 'release' that video. It's a mashup from a video game + the end of the Nicolas Cage movie 'Knowing' where a Solar Flare destroys the Earth.

I am begging you all to stop believing every tweet you see and start being more judicious with choosing the sources you choose to post.

So the Russian media didn’t recently release that video? That’s great news.

I would love to have enough time to to fact check what I see on twitter, there’s already a huge amount of people that fact check posts on there, and if they fail I can always rely on you

Ahhh I see it has now been fact checked by the twitter community, one of the best things that Elon has done with twitter

“This clip contains footage from 2009's film Knowing. Thus, it is very unlikely the russian media to have published copyrighted material of an american film.”

How's the occupation of Kursk Oblast by the Free Russian Army going

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There’s heaps of propaganda and misinformation about, it’s almost like theres a war going on.

Yep, happens to the best of us.

But only one poster positions themselves as the sensible neutral voice of reason (compared to everyone else who is extremist/deluded etc) despite being so obviously in the Washington/London camp and still falls for the same kind of propaganda.

Last edited:
That reminds me I never got around to watching this...

Yep, happens to the best of us.

But only one poster positions themselves as the sensible neutral voice of reason (compared to everyone else who is extremist/deluded etc) despite being so obviously in the Washington/London camp and still falls for the same kind of propaganda.
Side note, gotta be my favourite debunking so far, can’t be the kgb as they would’ve respected copy write laws.

Depends on the size of the bomb and how sheltered people were in those places.

But the biggest bomb ever tested - the Tsar Bomba (50MT) would cause mostly fatal third degree burns from just south of Romsey to south of Frankston in people exposed to it.

That's if it exploded about 5-10 km above the MCG. It might be different (ie less damage) if it expoded on the ground.

The standard us warhead (300KT) would do that sort of burn damage from St Kilda to Moonee Ponds. At about 1 km above the MCG.

This is the disgusting hypocritical s**t Chadwiko studiously ignores.

Tell us about freedom in Azerbaijan. Tell us about Azerbaijan's respect for the sovereignty of its neighbours.

Tell us about LGBTQIA+ rights in Azerbaijan.

This is what the protest movement is about, standing by someone who is to scared to do it themselves, even if it puts yourself in harms way, I have no doubt most of you would in this situation, I doubt we’d be able to organise on here thou, too many snitches.

One evening in 2004, when John Francis Mulligan, a US-born Irish citizen, was in the West Bank, a stranger asked him to walk her to a funeral.

It was after curfew in Nablus, and Palestinians weren’t allowed out on the streets. A young man had been killed earlier that day, and because of religious beliefs, his family needed to bury him within 24 hours, Mulligan recalls. But if they went outside, the Israel armed forces “would open fire on them for violating curfew”.

The dead man’s mother asked Mulligan: “Can you march with us? Can you stand at the front with our family? Because they’re not gonna shoot you, you’re white … I just need someone, literally, to stand with me.’”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back