Play Nice The NM Devils Chessboard thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Iran-backed Houthi Rebels stormed US embassy in Yemen and seized at least 25 Yemeni staff hostages and files: State Department demands release of staff

Iran-backed Houthi Rebels stormed US embassy in Yemen and seized at least 25 Yemeni staff hostages and files: State Department demands release of staff
The tanker saga, the Iraqi drone and now this. A pattern appears to be emerging.

Yea, though there was some sketchy details early on. Hard to know 100% with its politicisation.

Self defence pleas almost always work in the US.

The tanker saga, the Iraqi drone and now this. A pattern appears to be emerging.

Iranians ratcheting up so they ahve more to bargain with when they get down to serious talks on the nuke deal.

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Feb 1, 2008
Thailand
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Attachments

• 1638149213060.png
    1638149213060.png
    126.2 KB · Views: 16
The map above shows all of them. Melbourne?
More so the global locations of the various states and nations that have signed onto the Roads and Belt Initiative, which includes Victoria atm.

Feb 1, 2008
Thailand
AFL Club
North Melbourne
More so the global locations of the Roads and Belt Initiative, which includes Victoria atm.

Ahh. ok

hammer3

Debutant
Sep 6, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Probably a good idea to strengthen relations with China's expansion into the SER.

Are you legit? Did you not see china taunting us and how they’ll take out places in Australia if we stand with the USA over Taiwan? They think they can just take what they want and no one will bat an eye and we should just lay down to strengthen the relations?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Are you legit? Did you not see china taunting us and how they’ll take out places in Australia if we stand with the USA over Taiwan? They think they can just take what they want and no one will bat an eye and we should just lay down to strengthen the relations?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I don’t think he’s talking about strengthening relations with China there hammer. Quite the opposite.

Aug 6, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
First thought: viva la BBC. Its the greatest world news broadcast service in the world, and organising this interview with Lukashenko - Europe's only dictator - would have been a nightmare.

Secondly, holy s**t the Russians have done an incredible job of destabilising the Suwalki gap while everyone else was worried about covid. Lukashenko's entire geopolitical project is sponsored by Putin and since Poland's govt is already as far right as Europe gets they knew that dumping a small city worth of asylum seekers on their border was going to light a powderkeg.

My heart goes out to the people of the Baltic states and to those poor desperate refugees.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
First thought: viva la BBC. Its the greatest world news broadcast service in the world, and organising this interview with Lukashenko - Europe's only dictator - would have been a nightmare.

Secondly, holy sh*t the Russians have done an incredible job of destabilising the Suwalki gap while everyone else was worried about covid. Lukashenko's entire geopolitical project is sponsored by Putin and since Poland's govt is already as far right as Europe gets they knew that dumping a small city worth of asylum seekers on their border was going to light a powderkeg.

My heart goes out to the people of the Baltic states and to those poor desperate refugees.

BBC is my go to for news. They put out two world podcasts every day. It’s a great snapshot into what’s happening around the world.

Also that journalist is pretty brave to go toe to toe with the dictator like that, though it was obvious he knew not to push too far.

Whats the general living conditions like for the people of Belarus?

Tbh I don’t know a lot about them apart from an arbitrary Wikipedia search. That whole part of Europe outside of Russia seems to be built on a house of cards since the revolutions and great wars.

BBC is my go to for news. They put out two world podcasts every day. It’s a great snapshot into what’s happening around the world.

Also that journalist is pretty brave to go toe to toe with the dictator like that, though it was obvious he knew not to push too far.

Whats the general living conditions like for the people of Belarus?

Tbh I don’t know a lot about them apart from an arbitrary Wikipedia search. That whole part of Europe outside of Russia seems to be built on a house of cards since the revolutions and great wars.
I don’t know a whole heap myself either. Post Cold War Europe I find a little bit dull to study outside the Ukraine.

Lukashenko is ex-Soviet army and has used a wide variety of clientelism, authoritarian tactics and his strong ties to the military. Politically, he is a mix of left wing economics and right wing social policies geared towards a form of ultra-nationalism. Relations with Russia have been patchy, but generally more solid in more recent times.

He did well to survive the fallout of the rigged 2020 election.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back