Play Nice The NM Devils Chessboard thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not pretending Gantz is a good thing, but he's less worse than Bibi.

What is the old saw about it being the military men with the most blood on their hands being the only ones who can actually make peace?
Completely agree with that sentiment when people have a time to reflect but to date Israel has never had a chance. They still believe they’re actively at war.

it’ll also be interesting to see what happens with bibi, cant see Kushner and in turn trump, not intervening at some point.

Completely agree with that sentiment when people have a time to reflect but to date Israel has never had a chance. They still believe they’re actively at war.

it’ll also be interesting to see what happens with bibi, cant see Kushner and in turn trump, not intervening at some point.

Not sure how Jared can intervene in sovereign Israeli parliamentary decisions like this.

You might enjoy this article from yesterday.. also note that currently South Korea is using same tech to combat CoVid..

WASHINGTON (AP) — The case against Nassif Sami Daher and Kamel Mohammad Rammal, two Michigan men accused of food stamp fraud, hardly seemed exceptional. But the tool that agents used to investigate them was extraordinary: a secretive surveillance process intended to identify potential spies and terrorists.

It meant that the men, unlike most criminal defendants, were never shown the evidence authorities used to begin investigating them or the information that the Justice Department presented to obtain the original warrant.

The case is among recent Justice Department prosecutions that relied on the same surveillance powers, known by the acronym FISA, that law enforcement officials acknowledge were

in the Russia investigation. Those errors have prompted a reckoning inside the FBI and debate in Congress about new privacy safeguards. The attention given to FISA has also cast a spotlight on cases such as the Michigan one, where surveillance tools used to investigate foreign intelligence threats end up leading to prosecutions for commonplace, domestic crimes.

https://apnews.com/d9ac884cc10a21fc...n=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP

Aren't FISA powers still unconstitutional?

As the COVID-19 coronavirus crisis comes to dominate headlines, little media attention has been given to the federal government’s decision to classify top-level meetings on domestic coronavirus response and lean heavily “behind the scenes” on U.S. intelligence and the Pentagon in planning for an allegedly immediate explosion of cases.

The Fed’s emergency interest rate cut on Sunday underscored its deepening worry that the spread of the pandemic is substantially depressing revenue for industries around the world while consumers hunker down, raising the risk of a worldwide recession. The central bank cut interest rates to near zero and said it would buy hundreds of billions of dollars in government debt, moves that are reminiscent of its actions during the financial crisis in 2008.

With another 13% off the Dow and the S&P down 12, the global impacts of the financial sector -as we know it- imploding will be the real devastor as far as this pandemic is concerned.

Mum and Dad investors with little to no superannuation would be shitting bricks right about now you'd think.

The Fed’s emergency interest rate cut on Sunday underscored its deepening worry that the spread of the pandemic is substantially depressing revenue for industries around the world while consumers hunker down, raising the risk of a worldwide recession. The central bank cut interest rates to near zero and said it would buy hundreds of billions of dollars in government debt, moves that are reminiscent of its actions during the financial crisis in 2008.

With another 13% off the Dow and the S&P down 12, the global impacts of the financial sector -as we know it- imploding will be the real devastor as far as this pandemic is concerned.

Mum and Dad investors with little to no superannuation would be shitting bricks right about now you'd think.
When that fear turns to anger, the largest army the world has seen is going to need a release....

When that fear turns to anger, the largest army the world has seen is going to need a release....
That's one way of getting rid of the economically draining poor from the gene pool ;)

Gees that’s full on. Do we know what the mission was? I imagine they don’t send Black Hawks and SAS teams to random villages to kill farmers.

Some "find a bomb maker" bullshit.

Watch the whole thing, it is fascinating and brilliant journalism.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was he a bomb maker?

They don't know, and as even the SAS blokes on the videos say, what's the point, its their country, they'll keep fighting til we go.

I strongly urge you to watch the whole thing. Riveting stuff.

It looks so much like a computer game.

They don't know, and as even the SAS blokes on the videos say, what's the point, its their country, they'll keep fighting til we go.

I strongly urge you to watch the whole thing. Riveting stuff.

It looks so much like a computer game.

I wached them get out of the helicopter up to just after he executes that guy. Is there more then that?

I wached them get out of the helicopter up to just after he executes that guy. Is there more then that?

Yep, watch the whole episode.

Cheers. I’ll watch it tonight when I get a chance. Personally I find it difficult to be judgmental of these guys, they’re trained killers, warriors. I don’t think anyone who hasn’t been involved in war has any idea of what it does to the soldiers minds.

I’m not condoning it at all, I think war is awful. I reckon the reason my grandfather refused to except any of his medals and later suicided is because he probably did some horrific s**t. War is ****ed.

Cheers. I’ll watch it tonight when I get a chance. Personally I find it difficult to be judgmental of these guys, they’re trained killers, warriors. I don’t think anyone who hasn’t been involved in war has any idea of what it does to the soldiers minds.

I’m not condoning it at all, I think war is awful. I reckon the reason my grandfather refused to except any of his medals and later suicided is because he probably did some horrific s**t. War is f’ed.

Agree 100 per cent.

The issue is these guys, like 3 Squadron SAS, are meant to be the tip of the spear.

They shouldn't be doing multiple deployment for basic COIN stuff on what is close to a 20 year war.

One of my journo mates who has done lots of this stuff around Aussie special forces warcrimes in Afghanistan compared it to driving a Ferrari in the desert and mountains.

Do it long enough and you'll screw up the car.

At the same time, straight up murdering civilians is off.

Great article, while the rest of the world is working together, the west is playing the blame game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back