Play Nice The NM Devils Chessboard thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the information war has started..

China on Tuesday escalated its tit-for-tat propaganda war with the United States over who's to blame for the spread of the coronavirus by placing restrictive measures on several top media companies including The New York Times , The Washington Post and The Wall Street Journal, prompting strong opposition from the Trump administration.

Last edited:
Old Putin looking pretty good right now.

His decision to crash the oil price just as structural weaknesses in Western economies coming under enormous pressure from the virus paying off.

Russia is in the final stages of mopping up Idlib.

The importance of the Syrian victory - with Russian assistance - cannot be overstated.

Simply put in Syria Russia showed it will stand by its allies and win, the US showed it will sell its allies out and lose.

Going forward warming opens up the north for mineral exploitation and habitation, Russia also sits astride the sea routes that will open up.

American withdrawal from Iraq and Afghanistan also an enormous strategic win.

Old Putin looking pretty good right now.

His decision to crash the oil price just as structural weaknesses in Western economies coming under enormous pressure from the virus paying off.

Russia is in the final stages of mopping up Idlib.

The importance of the Syrian victory - with Russian assistance - cannot be overstated.

Simply put in Syria Russia showed it will stand by its allies and win, the US showed it will sell its allies out and lose.

Going forward warming opens up the north for mineral exploitation and habitation, Russia also sits astride the sea routes that will open up.

American withdrawal from Iraq and Afghanistan also an enormous strategic win.

The ruble is tanking like it did in the last oil glut.

Under cover of coronavirus, the US and its 'allies' are waging war against China. The racist travel bans and media hysteria are not approved by WHO. China's response to the emergency has been a model -unlike the US whose current flu epidemic has killed 10,000 and isn't news,: he tweeted on February 3.

Apparently chomping at the bit for a major conflict with a nuclear-armed rival, America’s top arms dealer Lockheed Martin has released a promotional clip imagining a simulated first strike on Russian positions and weapons systems.

As France restricts movement without certificate..

Bill gates said today..
"Eventually we will have some digital certificates to show who has recovered or been tested recently or when we have a vaccine who has received it."

The history of warfare is similarly subdivided, although here the phases
are Retribution, Anticipation, and Diplomacy.
Thus:

Retribution:
I'm going to kill you because you killed my brother.

Anticipation:
I'm going to kill you because I killed your brother.

Diplomacy:
I'm going to kill my brother and then kill you on thepretext that your brother did it.

Last edited:
Wendy Deng and Tony Blair, sitting in a tree k I S S ING..

As the US response worsens, the US gov & media will ramp up their already severe anti-China narratives. This will lead to even more violence against Chinese folks and soon the public will be so riled up that most would be happy if the US bombed China or rounded up Chinese people.

Pity they can’t keep their own weapons under check..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Justice Department has quietly asked Congress for the ability to ask chief judges to detain people indefinitely without trial during emergencies — part of a push for new powers that comes as the novel coronavirus spreads throughout the United States.

Documents reviewed by POLITICO detail the department’s requests to lawmakers on a host of topics, including the statute of limitations, asylum and the way court hearings are conducted. POLITICO also reviewed and previously reported on documents seeking the authority to extend deadlines on merger reviews and prosecutions.
The request raised eyebrows because of its potential implications for habeas corpus — the constitutional right to appear before a judge after arrest and seek release.

“Not only would it be a violation of that, but it says ‘affecting pre-arrest,’” said Norman L. Reimer, executive director of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. “So that means you could be arrested and never brought before a judge until they decide that the emergency or the civil disobedience is over. I find it absolutely terrifying. Especially in a time of emergency, we should be very careful about granting new powers to the government.”

The Justice Department has quietly asked Congress for the ability to ask chief judges to detain people indefinitely without trial during emergencies — part of a push for new powers that comes as the novel coronavirus spreads throughout the United States.

Documents reviewed by POLITICO detail the department’s requests to lawmakers on a host of topics, including the statute of limitations, asylum and the way court hearings are conducted. POLITICO also reviewed and previously reported on documents seeking the authority to extend deadlines on merger reviews and prosecutions.
The request raised eyebrows because of its potential implications for habeas corpus — the constitutional right to appear before a judge after arrest and seek release.

“Not only would it be a violation of that, but it says ‘affecting pre-arrest,’” said Norman L. Reimer, executive director of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. “So that means you could be arrested and never brought before a judge until they decide that the emergency or the civil disobedience is over. I find it absolutely terrifying. Especially in a time of emergency, we should be very careful about granting new powers to the government.”

The Potato Blight would love that sort of s**t.

As the US response worsens, the US gov & media will ramp up their already severe anti-China narratives. This will lead to even more violence against Chinese folks and soon the public will be so riled up that most would be happy if the US bombed China or rounded up Chinese people.

Pity they can’t keep their own weapons under check..

Careful you don't get a letter from them in the mail.

Hope you are all on the mend mate.

All bar my daughter have the persistent cough but things appear better than a day ago. We’ll get through it mate. Just have to avoid getting the biggie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back