Play Nice The NM Devils Chessboard thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that Australia is now pushing for sovereign data storage..
Considering international laws, this is very important.

Interesting that Australia is now pushing for sovereign data storage..
Considering international laws, this is very important.
Ha.
Funny how the government wants to control and monitor meta data and whatnot until that data gets stolen and then they go into bat for the public.
*******s

Trump never defunded WHO he let Gates take over, like what just happened in America.Inc

Good article, as the noose tightens around China, it’s neighbours are increasing spending in missiles tech to tip the balance in favour of the US..

Things are heating up..

Meanwhile, just off the coast of the USA

The US base on the island of Diego Garcia, in the middle of the Indian Ocean, is among the most important US military facilities in the world, and is the foundation stone of the US presence in the Indian Ocean region. It’s been a vital element in Australia’s strategic position in the region for almost 50 years. But the dispute over ownership of the island is now creating serious uncertainties over the continued long-term US military presence. Australia’s position on the controversy is becoming increasingly untenable and now needs to be reviewed.

The US base on the island of Diego Garcia, in the middle of the Indian Ocean, is among the most important US military facilities in the world, and is the foundation stone of the US presence in the Indian Ocean region. It’s been a vital element in Australia’s strategic position in the region for almost 50 years. But the dispute over ownership of the island is now creating serious uncertainties over the continued long-term US military presence. Australia’s position on the controversy is becoming increasingly untenable and now needs to be reviewed.

Who's claiming ownership ?

( Dokdo is ours ! 🇰🇷 )

The people who were deported

The depopulation of Chagossians from the Chagos Archipelago was the forced expulsion of the inhabitants of the island of Diego Garcia and the other islands of the British Indian Ocean Territory (BIOT) by the United Kingdom, at the request of the United States, beginning in 1968 and concluding on 27 April 1973 with the evacuation of Peros Banhos atoll.[1][2] The people, known at the time as the Ilois,[3] are today known as Chagos Islanders or Chagossians.[4]

Some Chagossians and human rights advocates have said that the Chagossian right of occupation was violated by the British Foreign Office as a result of the 1966 agreement[5] between the British and American governments to provide an unpopulated island for a U.S. military base, and that additional compensation[6] and a right of return[7] be provided.

Legal action to claim compensation and the right of abode in the Chagos began in April 1973 when 280 islanders, represented by a Mauritian attorney, petitioned the government of Mauritius to distribute the £650,000 compensation provided in 1972 by the British government to the Mauritian government for distribution. It was not distributed until 1977.[8] Various petitions and lawsuits have been ongoing since that time. The British government has consistently denied any illegalities in the expulsion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who’s saying Australia’s position is untenable and needs to be reviewed?
I’ve actually got no idea what our position is, I would’ve thought we sided with the brits and yanks, or didn’t we?

Who’s saying Australia’s position is untenable and needs to be reviewed?
I’ve actually got no idea what our position is, I would’ve thought we sided with the brits and yanks, or didn’t we?

Australia has always sided with UK and US but Mauritius has a legitimate claim that was backed by the International Court of Justice.

Australia has always sided with UK and US but Mauritius has a legitimate claim that was backed by the International Court of Justice.
Oh sorry, I thought the quote was inference to something changing... I was wondering who was actually saying our position was untenable/government man or intellectual?

After that icc ruling last year the brits pretty much just thumbed their nose like they always do. They’re probably worse then the yanks in that regard.

Kayne 2024
Ultralight Beam for Prez

he’s completely nuts, I’d vote for him for the entertainment value.. late registration is still one of my favourite albums

I’m sure he will, fair play to the guy who talked him out of running this year though, that would not have been an easy conversation
edit: maybe he mentioned something about fish sticks?

I’m sure he will, fair play to the guy who talked him out of running this year though, that would not have been an easy conversation
edit: maybe he mentioned something about fish sticks?
I heard Elon said he’d bankroll his 2024 campaign if he dropped out. If true the biggest show in town just got bigger..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back