Resource The NMFC History thread

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Snake_Baker

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Pfffft, as if!
Thanks snake, my dad kept all this stuff which I am now starting to read and will post on here. It’s actually heartening to read .

Magnificent mate, get it all in here as much as your spare time allows, and some of us can download it in to our own personal archives to assure it's historical integrity.

Great work.

gokangas

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Storm - Victory

(Log in to remove this ad.)

D23D

Club Legend
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Legendary photo.

Loving your work here KG :thumbsu:
Yes a great photo but as Keith Greig told me at Mick Nolan's wake, just after that incident, KG said (something like) 'you've just cost us the flag Krackers'.
A lot of things went against us in 78. If only one of the things went right, we probably would have won the flag :(

AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Pfffft, as if!
Yes a great photo but as Keith Greig told me at Mick Nolan's wake, just after that incident, KG said (something like) 'you've just cost us the flag Krackers'.
A lot of things went against us in 78. If only one of the things went right, we probably would have won the flag :(
I'm pretty sure Barrassi stated it was the best North side he coached.

D23D

Club Legend
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'm pretty sure Barrassi stated it was the best North side he coached.
Does not surprise me.
Back to 78 GF, no Dench. No Icke. No Crosswell. No Keenan. Alves did a hamstring in the first quarter. Blight a groin in the second.
1978 should’ve been ours.
I know Don Scott had a very punchable head, but if only Krackers had have held back!

Not that Graeme Corns is held in the highest of thresholds around here. But he did a preseason and early season in 1979 with North and he also said something like - 'I have never been surrounded by such football talent than at North'

Top Bottom