The Noah "GOAT" Balta Victim Thread 2020

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
I can see the rance comparisons but can also see alot of frazer gehrig in him as well 👍
Thats who i thought when we drafted him as well but Gehrig was not as big as Balta at the same age
I remember him playing at the eagles and he was alot lighter than the beast he become at the saints

Why didn't Shai set the ball on its tip on the ground like they do in gridiron and let Balta come flying in for the big kick for goal off the ground!?
You can still do a “Place kick” for goal

Think Cripps did one for Jack in that stupid AflX rubbish

Thats who i thought when we drafted him as well but Gehrig was not as big as Balta at the same age
I remember him playing at the eagles and he was alot lighter than the beast he become at the saints

Winger and scary
Awesome athlete

Oct 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Heat
03FA9343-7575-4BF9-B222-40192B4088A5.jpeg

8 touches 1 goal and an out on the full that missed by 40 metres

Welcome Mike

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Winger and scary
Awesome athlete
They had Ashley McIntosh & Fraser Gherig who were both lightening fast and tall with great agility
What a team that was , I used to love watching them with Rob Whiley as assistant coach as the Tiger connection

These days they are just another scum team with even bigger scum supporters

Tiger22

Tiger68
Aug 28, 2020
Punt Rd
AFL Club
Richmond
Balta might be wasted in the back line. He looks to be one of those players who can do anything. I reckon you could stick him in the forward line and he'd kick a bag.
How tall is he? Can he play in the ruck and then just follow the ball around? The more times he puts his hands on the ball the more likely good things will happen.

Infamy

🐯🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Oct 1, 2004
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
Richmond
Balta might be wasted in the back line. He looks to be one of those players who can do anything. I reckon you could stick him in the forward line and he'd kick a bag.
How tall is he? Can he play in the ruck and then just follow the ball around? The more times he puts his hands on the ball the more likely good things will happen.
We definitely need him much more down in defence right now.

We definitely need him much more down in defence right now.

Defence suits him, for now at least. He doesn't have to think as much and his athleticism and strength allows him to do the job. If he develops even further then maybe move him. But we need a monster KPD, and he is doing that very well.

Mar 13, 2007
THE TAN
AFL Club
Richmond
I know the free for Taberner's goal wasn't a free - but it seems to me he does give away slightly more 'last-line' frees than an average KPD.

Maybe he's still being treated by the umps as 'Young kid got to earn his stripes'. Maybe he just looks clumsy.
Watch a few of Rance or Astburys earlier games , conning the umps is something that comes with experience . They are also probably dirty that he hooked up with the best looker within their ranks.

Winger and scary
Awesome athlete

It's always that scary option...quality, mobile talls can just dominate on the wing. Trouble is, they're usually more useful elsewhere and the cases where it's worked have always been short term with the player just not able to play in a Key position for some reason (e.g. Richo making space for Jack).

That said, there are exceptions...I remember a few years back we had a guy Dean Putt....200cm, but never seemed to get a handle on how to body up in a pack (some might say he was a bit soft). Anyway towards the end, probably after they'd given up on him, he played a few games for Coburg on the wing, and he was actually pretty impressive and if his cards hadn't already been marked by then, he might have pushed for an AFL game.

As for Balta, for now, let him learn his craft in defense, but when Astbury comes back, I can see him pushing up the ground a lot more...not quite as a wingman, but he could probably do well in a rebounding HBF type role.

Back