Oppo Camp The Non-Essendon Thread VI

Remove this Banner Ad

00002230-image.jpg

Anyone else find it hilariously cute how Melbourne fans are getting so excited by Viney going at pick 26 when recent history suggests that of their 3 first rounders maybe one will turn out OK?

Anyone else find it hilariously cute how Melbourne fans are getting so excited by Viney going at pick 26 when recent history suggests that of their 3 first rounders maybe one will turn out OK?

Perhaps there's some sort of hope that they're being drafted into a better system... or something?

Who can say with Melbourne.

Perhaps there's some sort of hope that they're being drafted into a better system... or something?

Who can say with Melbourne.

From the fans' perspective it's just that young = good no matter what.

When you accept and condone your team tanking for years on end, your perception as a fan must be warped.

I am going for their recruiting job, next year.

Melbourne won't do that, surely?

Pick 3 for a guy that genuinely wants to return to Perth (seriously, if it's Collingwood or Melbourne, with $100,000 difference, you'd stay at Collingwood) and a CHF no better than something you could find in a state league?

Faarrrr out.

Even pick 13 would be overs.

Melbourne won't do that, surely?

Pick 3 for a guy that genuinely wants to return to Perth (seriously, if it's Collingwood or Melbourne, with $100,000 difference, you'd stay at Collingwood) and a CHF no better than something you could find in a state league?

Faarrrr out.

Even pick 13 would be overs.

Unfortunately, the filth would be the only team to benefit from that so I won't enjoy Melbourne imploding. :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know whether it's just a thing during Trade Week(s), but the AFL site is becoming more and more gossip based.

So many articles that appear in my Twitter feed, I could swear are written by Jon Ralph.

More and more speculative guesswork.

They're even retweeting s**t, now:

Trade Radio@traderadio
. @craighutchy believes there's been a little deal for @Melbournefc to use #26 on Viney. Early win for the Dees
Retweeted by AFL

Really disappointing from the official website of the league, to be reduced to that level.

I don't know whether it's just a thing during Trade Week(s), but the AFL site is becoming more and more gossip based.

So many articles that appear in my Twitter feed, I could swear are written by Jon Ralph.

More and more speculative guesswork.

They're even retweeting s**t, now:

Trade Radio@traderadio
. @craighutchy believes there's been a little deal for @Melbournefc to use #26 on Viney. Early win for the Dees
Retweeted by AFL

Really disappointing from the official website of the league, to be reduced to that level.

They're trying to take control of all the football media. The only way to do that is to post enough rubbish so that the other outlets have no points of difference anymore. AFL.com will have it all - and then censor the * out of it.

They're trying to take control of all the football media. The only way to do that is to post enough rubbish so that the other outlets have no points of difference anymore. AFL.com will have it all - and then censor the **** out of it.
****ing disgusting.

Maybe I really should start up the footy news site.

St K trade their pick 12 (!) for Tom Lee (WAFL key forward/back), and picks 24 & 43 from GWS under their pre-listing thing.

GWS now have picks 1, 2, 12, and 20-something. Solid!
Crazy Scotty.

This Lee guy would want to be pretty bloody good.

****, we could've given 'em Hooker, a proven AFL KPP, for #12.

Yeah, that's huge, if true.

I was already worried that they'd come out firing next year, like we did in 2000.

Not to mention if they actually get a defender over 190cm that can defend.

Great, now what? Carlton are going to land a decent key forward? Melbourne are going to nail a draft pick?

Western Bulldogs wouldn't be too displeased with that. Two early first round selections plus a late first round pick. They'll back themselves in to recruit some serious talent.

Western Bulldogs wouldn't be too displeased with that. Two early first round selections plus a late first round pick. They'll back themselves in to recruit some serious talent.

They've given away pick 27 though, it's an absolute farce. Hawthorn have essentially got Lake for free.

They've given away pick 27 though, it's an absolute farce. Hawthorn have essentially got Lake for free.

I just realized that there was more to the trade than was first reported. If Western Bulldogs traded away Lake for essentially a six pick upgrade, that's disappointing. It's still good business for the Western Bulldogs in a list management sense because they obtain a late first round selection. Yet, it's a negative for the remainder of the competition because they've just strengthened the only major weakness that Hawthorn could be easily exposed in.

As I said, it's a good move for the Western Bulldogs because they're rebuilding. They don't have to worry about competing against Hawthorn for a premiership.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back