Oppo Camp The Non-Essendon Thread VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I didn't see the game last night, but there was also talk of Selwood (Scott I think?) going down like a sack of spuds well off the ball, with Ballantyne and Fyfe in the vicinity.

Does anyone know much about that?

I didn't see the game last night, but there was also talk of Selwood (Scott I think?) going down like a sack of spuds well off the ball, with Ballantyne and Fyfe in the vicinity.

Does anyone know much about that?

If the review panel treat it the same as they did with Joel when he got rubbed out for 3-5 weeks with no evidence then yes ballatyne will go. The footage is really bad so I doubt anything will come of it. Looks similar force as the Jetta incident from last year against Richmond.

Really enjoyed the game last night. I think Pearce is going to be a valuable asset in that Fremantle midfield this year, especially on the spacious surroundings of Subiaco where he can use his pace.

I've also got both of my tips correct to this point - That has to almost be a first.

Still doesn't really feel like the season has fully started, funnily enough.

No games on a Sunday is weird. Surely it couldn't be too hard, if they insist on a split round, to have a 3-6 or 4-5 split of games rather than 2-7. Feels like we've just had an appetiser, and I feel like that even though I've seen my own team have a fantastic win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still doesn't really feel like the season has fully started, funnily enough.

No games on a Sunday is weird. Surely it couldn't be too hard, if they insist on a split round, to have a 3-6 or 4-5 split of games rather than 2-7. Feels like we've just had an appetiser, and I feel like that even though I've seen my own team have a fantastic win.

Ground availability is the key issue - And it will be worse in 2014 when the Crows/Power move to Adelaide Oval.

Ground availability is the key issue - And it will be worse in 2014 when the Crows/Power move to Adelaide Oval.

Well, that's part of it. In that the MCG is unavailable, as are the SCG and 'Gabba.

The other part of it is the AFL doesn't want to steal too much thunder from Carlton/Richmond as the season opener. Having a game in Melbourne (at Etihad) before Carlton v Richmond is apparently unacceptable.

For the above reason there was never a possibility of scheduling an Etihad game this weekend, and the same probably goes for anything in Geelong too. I can't really see any reason why a game couldn't have been scheduled for ANZ, Skoda or Carrara, though.

MCG, AO, Gabba, Bellrieve and SCG will all be unavailable first round of next year. Easy; Hold it at Metricon/Olympic Park (Sydney)/Subi

I'm delighted I opted for Kennedy in Supercoach and Dreamteam. Bad luck for LeCras, that guy cannot catch a break... or, rather, he gets too many.

Similar game to ours vs Adelaide, I thought - West Coast owned most of the first quarter, but Freo worked their way back and really rolled them in the second half. The test for Freo and Lyon will be keeping that midfield group fit and firing all year... guys like Mundy and Hill need to show some real consistency, while you just wanna keep Fyfe on the park.

Don't think we'll be able to. Despite our record against Ross Lyon.
The fisting will be strong, I smell the friction from the past (which is now).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back