Oppo Camp The Non-Essendon Thread VIII

Remove this Banner Ad

How did Petrenko get off for his charge on Mumford. Full on charge, feet off the grounf, and broke Mumford's cheekbone.

Over to you Phone.

I was wondering whether Mumford was going to be charged.

I was wondering whether Mumford was going to be charged.

Petrenko launched at Mumford like a guided missile.

Contact seemed to be made to the body, but Mumford did receive a broken cheekbone.

I hope the Kangaroo supporters don't see the video.

have a look at what watts, trengove, howe, bleas, mcdonald, garland,sylvia, toumpasand co are doing at the moment and tell me that all of the recruiting was stuffed up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've said "they don't even look like scoring" at times about several different teams in the past even us, but Melbourne seriously do not look like scoring, (as trengove kicks a goal)

Gee and I thought Richmond's player development was shocking the last few decades. How the **** could Melbourne be so bad?

There was a 20 minute period in the first quarter when they were aggressive and playing on instinct and they looked pretty good. There is a lot to work with on that list but they need to stop the bleeding now. They need to spend the rest of the year playing man on man, having guys like Tapscott running with the games best inside mids, Trengove running with Pendlebury or someone else that he might ultimately play like and Bleas running with players like Stephen Hill of Freo. There is plenty that they can learn on the job, they also need to spend some time recovering their instincts.

Drastic measures need to be taken with Melbourne's game plan. For *s sake, I'm sick of seeing them getting belted week in week out.

I would play every single minute of a game as if it were the last minute of a grand final where you were leading by 3 points with 60 seconds to go. Absolutely flood the backline. Ross Lyon style on steroids.

Minimise the constant thrashings and move on to next year.

Drastic measures need to be taken with Melbourne's game plan. For ****s sake, I'm sick of seeing them getting belted week in week out.

I would play every single minute of a game as if it were the last minute of a grand final where you were leading by 3 points with 60 seconds to go. Absolutely flood the backline. Ross Lyon style on steroids.

Disagree. It teaches the kids negative football. You have to find a balance between attack and defence. Going that way is just as harmful as going the complete opposite to the development of the players

Drastic measures need to be taken with Melbourne's game plan. For ****s sake, I'm sick of seeing them getting belted week in week out.

Maybe, but they have to develop a sustainable gameplan for when they are a better side. They're better off trying to execute a gameplan that will win them finals in a decade than trying to achieve short term bandaid solutions. This is the reason they need to stick with Neeld, if they sack him they'll be send a very loud and clear message to all his potential replacements that short term, possibly unsustainable mediocrity is more important than long term sustainable success.

Disagree. It teaches the kids negative football. You have to find a balance between attack and defence. Going that way is just as harmful as going the complete opposite to the development of the players

Obviously I have exaggerated a little bit, but for the rest of the year what choice do they have? Nothing they've tried has worked at all.

If they keep constantly getting thrashed until the end of the year, they will lose a ton of members and maybe even a couple of key players who are fed up with the state of the club on the field. At least if they employed a defensive mindset they could minimise their deficits on the scoreboard, and maybe lift the confidence of some of the players.

I could be very wrong, and the whole 'defensive' game plan could backfire, but something drastic must change at that club on the field.

100 pages.

Doss, Tassieboy, LN (Still can't tag you, slippery mongrel), Are we onto the Non-Essendon Thread Part IX now?

Also Richmond are 9th again and we're top 4. All is well in the world.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back