Oppo Camp The Non-Essendon Thread VIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly couldn't give a sh*t about them. But when certain areas of their fanbase seem so keen to see us fail, watching that fate fall upon them has a very tranquil, uplifting effect on me.

It is a circle though isn't it? they want us to fail because we laugh when they fail and so on and so on.

I actually have no fear of the Expansion super teams, it just makes for a better spectacle, might be some of the best footy we get to experience

It is a circle though isn't it? they want us to fail because we laugh when they fail and so on and so on.

I actually have no fear of the Expansion super teams, it just makes for a better spectacle, might be some of the best footy we get to experience

At the moment it's a pretty hilarious circle

Turned Fox Footy on early in the 2nd Quarter and North were leading 32-1...

They now trail 32-49. Against the Suns!

LOL.

You mean the same Suns you rated a decent chance to beat us next week?

Can't have it both ways, Macca.

GC are not easy beats anymore. It's as simple as that. I expect us to win next week, but it is a huge danger game.

Another North loss, five pages of circle jerking about it follows.

But nah, no one cares a jot about their results.
I don't have anything in particular against the team itself or their supporters in general.

I just ******* love it when the mob of troglodytes here on BF have their supposed wunderkind team shown up as the minnows they are. Watching their cognitive dissonance being bulldozed into the ground is delicious.

Gonna start using the ignore hammer on lolnorf posters. It just adds nothing and gets in the way of more interesting discussion. It was funny.. TWO YEARS AGO, now it's just *ingg annoying.

Lol at the posters taking the high ground on the North Melbourne hate. If you didn't get an ounce of joy watching them lose tonight there is something wrong with you.

* them and their pissant club. Maybe just now a few of their supporters will come down from their high horse and realise exactly where they are at as a club.

What makes the situation even better is the fact they can't afford to sack Scott, he is contracted until 2016 so hopefully the lols continue.

Childish Gambino (this isn't addressed just to you, but is in response to your points)

Some here spend a good amount of time stressing how they don't care about North...yet when they lose, it's carnage left, right and centre in this thread. "Lol norf" abounds...a lot. Over and over, page after page. Week after week.

So it's one of two things. Either those people actually do care (but can't admit it) about North, have an emotional investment in their result and want them to lose; or they've allowed the rantings of a few frustrated, rather pathetic North people on this site get them so offside and outraged, that they live off every North loss.

Ultimately, either way, I really wish some would drop this "don't care, but LOL!!!!!!" routine. Over, and over, and over. It's becoming less convincing by the week, and in parallel is becoming more and more embarrassing.

No one really cares if you do care and have an emotional investment in North, but just admit it.

North's situation is a tough one right now and they may well have shot themselves in the foot with the Scott re-signing until 2016; the jury is still out, but it's looking very iffy at the moment. But ultimately that's something of a segway to the wider point I and others are making.

I've been resigned to the fact that a period of AFL history will be dominated by GC and GWS. But by then the regime will have changed, and if the clubs haven't built a fanbase and the experiment isn't profitable then to hell with it.

I'll refrain from gormless NM bashing, but I was astonished at the length of Scott's recent contract extension. Nothing has assuaged those doubts that I've seen this year.

I agree with your sentiments.

Also nice work and 2 x :thumbsu: for using "gormless" and "assuaged" in the same paragraph.

North's situation is a tough one right now and they may well have shot themselves in the foot with the Scott re-signing until 2016; the jury is still out, but it's looking very iffy at the moment. But ultimately that's something of a segway to the wider point I and others are making.

I actually think their list is starting to look capable of regular finals participation, however, there is definitely a couple of rather large questions over a) their coaching/game plan and b) on-field leadership. Quite possibly they'd be Top 4 right now if they had say Luke Hodge or Jobe playing for leading them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't write off Adelaide yet as they have a soft draw for a third consecutive year.

WC is still a chance but they can't win at home - We beet them in round 13 and they will struggle.

Kangaroos are gone 4-7 with a tough end to the year.

Carlton are still a chance if they can win one out of their next two games.

I wouldn't write off Adelaide yet as they have a soft draw for a third consecutive year.

WC is still a chance but they can't win at home - We beet them in round 13 and they will struggle.

Kangaroos are gone 4-7 with a tough end to the year.

Carlton are still a chance if they can win one out of their next two games.

Would take a massive effort to topple either the hawks or Sydney which could really put them behind the 8 ball in trying to make the 8. They do have pies after that who i reckon they can beat, which does help because as bizarre as it sounds they are fighting with pies for the lower parts of the 8.

I hide nothing in my feelings of north. 50% of my time on bigfooty is spent trolling them. I actively create threads with the purpose of subtly trolling them and enjoy when other bombers supporters do the same. I openly glad for pain to be caused to their team, and tonight was brilliant. Also brilliant is reading their thread about Bluey's comments. Such an arrogant supporter base.

So yes, what happens to North does affect me. Football is an emotional sport, and I feel a lot of emotions like pride, happiness, anger, disappointment and hate. Although this hate for north has only been since I started on bigfooty.

Lol at the posters taking the high ground on the North Melbourne hate. If you didn't get an ounce of joy watching them lose tonight there is something wrong with you.

**** them and their pissant club. Maybe just now a few of their supporters will come down from their high horse and realise exactly where they are at as a club.

What makes the situation even better is the fact they can't afford to sack Scott, he is contracted until 2016 so hopefully the lols continue.

The only joy I got out of it was that I tipped Gold Coast and got it correct.

I've just never felt any particular way towards them, other than having a few knob posters on BigFooty. The only teams I get enjoyment out of seeing lose are Carlton, Collingwood and Richmond.

There was really no excuse for that contract extension. They watched the Knights thing play out, and to a lesser extent, Brett Ratten. They saw teams in similar positions to themselves get burnt badly, and they pushed ahea. It could work out fine, but it's something they shouldn't've even played with.

I like north except on bigfooty... :)

They are still a couple of KPP short, and their midfield is just as young as ours.

The talk should be more about the GC than north though. people were saying if they don't get 6 win this year then its a fail, well they have 5 from 11. And everyone shouild be now worrying good they going to be next year and in 2 years time.

The funny thing is, I don't think anyone would have a problem with Norf if it weren't for BigFooty.
Yeah, this. Thinking about it though I probably just like the meltdowns. Carlton, North, Richmond, whoever, a dozen angry threads with a handful of replies sprouting after a loss like mushrooms after rain, it's pretty fun to read. I don't know if our board has been like that in the past but I'm happy that our losses this year haven't provoked the same shrill undignified response by Essendon posters.

It seems like there is a lot of hate on bigfooty for North, there have been a lot of close games this year but only the North games crash the servers.

Love this thread, the pack on here are a bunch of bandwagon supporters, I love the fact that they turn on each other after each loss. At least their scissor cutting skills will be impeccable at the end of this season, cutting up all those memberships must be hard work.

I'm actually starting to think that LT is a bigger player for free kicks than Harry O, surely he must practice ducking into tackles?

All I can say is
1367231769797.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back