The Non-Footy Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Not following it at all this year. Potted summary pls Val.

Drawn game at half time, 9ers up by 10 in the last quarter and had the ball. Chiefs defence forced a punt. Mahomes threw a ridiculous long pass got a first down close to goal. Then hit Williams for TD with conversion. 24-20 Chiefs up

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which equates to about half an hour.

How can a game that is supposed to last for 4 quarters of 10 minutes each, go for about 4 hours (give or take)?

That's one of the things I can't stand about boring meathead American football. Nothing happens. And for like about 4 hours worth of it, as you say. Plus they've got enough padding and protection to outdo the Michelin Man. Slow as molasses to watch, plus a generally crap culture that goes with it. Michael Vick comes to mind.

CFL (Canadian Football League) is marginally better, but that's mostly cos we regularly play in snowstorms. But overall neither can hold a candle to AFL footy. Not even close. You guys have got the best game on the planet, hands down for mine. (And that includes better than ice hockey too! And lacrosse a close second.)

That's one of the things I can't stand about boring meathead American football. Nothing happens. And for like about 4 hours worth of it, as you say. Plus they've got enough padding and protection to outdo the Michelin Man. Slow as molasses to watch, plus a generally crap culture that goes with it. Michael Vick comes to mind.

CFL (Canadian Football League) is marginally better, but that's mostly cos we regularly play in snowstorms. But overall neither can hold a candle to AFL footy. Not even close. You guys have got the best game on the planet, hands down for mine. (And that includes better than ice hockey too! And lacrosse a close second.)
I'm an ice addict these days. Go the Islanders!

I disliked NFL until I got off my ass and learnt how the downs worked. Honestly you can pick up the rest once you know that.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah once I figured that out I started enjoying the game. Still so much I don’t understand but I still enjoy it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back