The Non-Footy Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a good time for teams with these glorious colours, (from The Guardian 21/7):

Deportivo drop into Spain's third tier as final game postponed over Covid-19

Deportivo fans had already gathered outside the club’s Riazor stadium when the decision to call off the game was announced.

"Deportivo La Coruña have been relegated to Spain’s third tier without kicking a ball after their final game of the season against Fuenlabrada was postponed...
Fuenlabrada, who reportedly saw 12 players return positive Covid-19 tests, can secure a promotion play-off berth with a draw. Dépor were losing play-off finalists just last season, having dropped out of the top flight in 2017-18...
It is the first time in 40 years that Deportivo have dropped into the third tier, and comes 20 years after they won their only La Liga title."

Always have a bit of soft spot for teams with these colours, especially ones like Depor that don't have it laid on a silver platter for them.

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Not a good time for teams with these glorious colours, (from The Guardian 21/7):

hold out to Thursday the blue and white bars may be promoted back to the premier league with West Brom playing QPR. they will need a win unless Brentford lose.

oddly enough they were beaten in an upset loss last week by huddersfield town who also sport a blue and white vertical bars strip where if they won promotion would already have been guaranteed.

Last edited:

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
West Brom edge Brentford to seal Premier League promotion as Wigan are relegated on dramatic final day.

Draw was enough for the baggies after brentford lost to Barnsley who in winning stopped it being relagated from the premiership next year.

Aug 16, 2009
North Caulfield
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Just started watching All or Nothing - Tottenham ......on Amazon prime.
This is the best of the AoN series so far I reckon. Highly recommend. Really interesting the man management skills of Morinho.....he’s incredible. Nuts, but incredible.
I’m not a soccer fan at all, but after watching Sunderland till I Die on Netflix I’m def more interested.

Amazing comeback for Australia in the cricket with Carey and Maxwell saving the innings.
5-73 chasing 303 and Carey gets caught off an Archer no-ball and there was no chance of winning if that was out.
End up getting to 5-285 and despite both losing their wicket Starc got us home.

Just amazing cricket.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eels playing " Mullumbimby ? Finally 👍
A friend of mine captain coached the Mullumbimby Moonshiners (Union side) to a flag once. He is an Eels supporter too.

The kid named after weed played last night. His name is Haze Dunster. That is right. Someone called their kid Haze.

Bledisloe game 1 is a draw, do we start placing bets on how badly we lose game 2?
The boys were a bit stiff at the end, hit the post with a longish range shot for a goal in extra time, and it bounced back into play, as Maxwell Smart would have said " missed it by that much", also reckon the referee was a bit parochial, but i am biased :)

The boys were a bit stiff at the end, hit the post with a longish range shot for a goal in extra time, and it bounced back into play, as Maxwell Smart would have said " missed it by that much", also reckon the referee was a bit parochial, but i am biased :)

We don’t play Eden Park well... I’m not expecting much

Clarence2norton

Senior List
Apr 27, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Daniel Ricciardo finally cracks it for a podium with Renault, finishing 3rd behind Hamilton and Verstappen. No shoey but plenty of celebratory champers sprayed. :thumbsu:
Is that a podium boys? IS THAT A F***KEN PODIUM?

Honestly you can’t hate the man, my favourite non-North Melbourne sports person.

Why didn't either side try a drop goal at the end?

We generally have an aversion to that, for some reason winning by drop goals is a stronger tactic in Northern Hemisphere sides

Remove this Banner Ad

Back