Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gumble Frankieton

Premium Gold
Jul 3, 2007
The North
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Not a good time for teams with these glorious colours, (from The Guardian 21/7):

Deportivo drop into Spain's third tier as final game postponed over Covid-19

Deportivo fans had already gathered outside the club’s Riazor stadium when the decision to call off the game was announced.

"Deportivo La Coruña have been relegated to Spain’s third tier without kicking a ball after their final game of the season against Fuenlabrada was postponed...
Fuenlabrada, who reportedly saw 12 players return positive Covid-19 tests, can secure a promotion play-off berth with a draw. Dépor were losing play-off finalists just last season, having dropped out of the top flight in 2017-18...
It is the first time in 40 years that Deportivo have dropped into the third tier, and comes 20 years after they won their only La Liga title."

Always have a bit of soft spot for teams with these colours, especially ones like Depor that don't have it laid on a silver platter for them.

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Not a good time for teams with these glorious colours, (from The Guardian 21/7):

hold out to Thursday the blue and white bars may be promoted back to the premier league with West Brom playing QPR. they will need a win unless Brentford lose.

oddly enough they were beaten in an upset loss last week by huddersfield town who also sport a blue and white vertical bars strip where if they won promotion would already have been guaranteed.

Last edited:

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
West Brom edge Brentford to seal Premier League promotion as Wigan are relegated on dramatic final day.

Draw was enough for the baggies after brentford lost to Barnsley who in winning stopped it being relagated from the premiership next year.

LB2Snake

Premium Platinum
Aug 16, 2009
North Caulfield
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Just started watching All or Nothing - Tottenham ......on Amazon prime.
This is the best of the AoN series so far I reckon. Highly recommend. Really interesting the man management skills of Morinho.....he’s incredible. Nuts, but incredible.
I’m not a soccer fan at all, but after watching Sunderland till I Die on Netflix I’m def more interested.

tazaa

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool
Amazing comeback for Australia in the cricket with Carey and Maxwell saving the innings.
5-73 chasing 303 and Carey gets caught off an Archer no-ball and there was no chance of winning if that was out.
End up getting to 5-285 and despite both losing their wicket Starc got us home.

Just amazing cricket.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top Bottom