The Non-Footy Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Dunno if it's been mentioned elsewhere but the Boomers squad was announced today and it's stacked with talent! Twinkletoes surely you would've barred up with excitement!
Strong squad. Mills and Ingles deserve a medal, they've put so much into Aussie basketball. Hopefully everyone is available and the games actually go ahead.

Dunno if it's been mentioned elsewhere but the Boomers squad was announced today and it's stacked with talent! Twinkletoes surely you would've barred up with excitement!

Very much so. It’s been interesting reading the Twitter comments on US sites naming the squad too.

There’s been a lot of “s**t, they’re bloody stacked!” type comments by US b’ball fans who had no idea most of those named from the NBA were Australians. Particular love given for a Simmons/Thybulle backcourt defensive combo in a zone defence.

Fingers crossed this is the year we medal finally! 🤞

Since when did Thybulle become Australian?

Couldn't we have named Mojave King with an asterisk, just in the off-chance that he does get Australian citizenship in the next couple of months!?

" King is a dual citizen of New Zealand and the United States but considers himself Australian. He intends to obtain Australian citizenship to fulfil his ambition to represent the Australian national team"

Couldn't we have named Mojave King with an asterisk, just in the off-chance that he does get Australian citizenship in the next couple of months!?

" King is a dual citizen of New Zealand and the United States but considers himself Australian. He intends to obtain Australian citizenship to fulfil his ambition to represent the Australian national team"

Have to have Bryce Cotton’s citizenship cleared for his selection first. Not sure what the holdup is TBH.

Since when did Thybulle become Australian?

Family moved here when he was 2 and left again when he was 9.

I mean, c'mon, he's literally part of the furniture!

I'm probably bias on account of being a Sixers fan, but I rate Thybulle and I'm glad we've claimed him. Brilliant defensive player, particularly around the arc. Hasn't been shooting too well this season but the offensive side of his game has, generally speaking, been on the improve. Definitely adds something to the squad.

Damn good squad it is, too.....

.....if they all show up.

On a side note, I see a few days back Ingles passed Stockton's record as the Jazz player that has sunk the most 3's in the club's history. Onya, Slow Joe.

Congratulations to Mitch Morton for coming out of retirement to jump codes and get into the Boomers squad.

Family moved here when he was 2 and left again when he was 9.

I mean, c'mon, he's literally part of the furniture!

I'm probably bias on account of being a Sixers fan, but I rate Thybulle and I'm glad we've claimed him. Brilliant defensive player, particularly around the arc. Hasn't been shooting too well this season but the offensive side of his game has, generally speaking, been on the improve. Definitely adds something to the squad.

Damn good squad it is, too.....

.....if they all show up.

On a side note, I see a few days back Ingles passed Stockton's record as the Jazz player that has sunk the most 3's in the club's history. Onya, Slow Joe.
he is no Joe Bugner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every year I watch 10 minutes of the Super Bowl (which includes about 2 minutes of actual play) and every year I'm reminded of how mind-numbingly boring American Football is. Until the next year when I forget how rubbish it is and think I'll give it a go again.

Every year I watch 10 minutes of the Super Bowl (which includes about 2 minutes of actual play) and every year I'm reminded of how mind-numbingly boring American Football is. Until the next year when I forget how rubbish it is and think I'll give it a go again.
thats the same with anyone that only watches the afl grand final each year to be fair

if you dont watch it every week you wont get much enjoyment watching it as a one off

I reckon that Tom Brady bloke could have a future as a Quarterback, looks like he can play the role a bit.

He played ok. The defence was phenomenal.

He also possesses humility and ‘it’s not about me’ which is a trait not many in his position have.

Actually, when it comes to NFL, it is about him and any other quarterback.

Actually, when it comes to NFL, it is about him and any other quarterback.

Yes the quarter backs are the centre piece and most do soak up the limelight but Brady deliberately deflects the limelight to the team.
He could very easily carry on but it’s not him, he knows it takes a team to make him good

Hhahahaha all time post-game presser from Draymond Green. Language warning.

I tell you what I wouldn't have minded seeing yesterday... A forthright press conference from Steph Curry after the ending to the game... LOL at the commentator: "Why did he do that for?"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back