The Non-Footy Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Welp. Kyrgios out of the top 50. He isn't getting back in for a while.
Whats his Troll ranking? Apparently this is more important to him.

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I can relate. I care more about my Troll ranking than I do about my Tennis ranking. :stern look
You've been stuck on 69 for a while now Zondor. I admire your ability to maintain the required level.

Took my 12yo son to our first soccer game today - had a ball and he is hooked but I’m trying to tell him a six goal game with that level of suspense is not the norm!

At least it’s resolved my long-standing dilemma about which Melbourne team to support. We are a Victory family now.

Welcome aboard H to h and son.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Kyrgios and Tomic aren't trolls. They're bona fide unhinged imo, Tomic moreso.

Kyrgios still has some chance of channeling his energy into a tennis career that fulfils his talent or doing something meaningful in life. He seems to have a pretty good support network around him, good family etc. I like his laissez faire nature at times but maintain it's a fear of success/failure that causes most of his BS.

Tomic is full of hot air. Still predict bankruptcy and subsequent Z-list grabs for cash in his future.

It's a testimony to both of their natural talent that they've got so high up with a relative lack of application and structure compared to their peers.

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
Just on last night's tennis blow-up with Carreno Busta. I was in the stands for the first set of that match where the umpire needed three tries to reach the correct conclusion on the game score after he made a wrong overrule, and only after both players and the whole crowd were correcting him. I'm sympathetic to the player and not surprised that the match eventually tilted on a "controversial" call from him, and expect he'll be umpiring the reserves next week.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Just on last night's tennis blow-up with Carreno Busta. I was in the stands for the first set of that match where the umpire needed three tries to reach the correct conclusion on the game score after he made a wrong overrule, and only after both players and the whole crowd were correcting him. I'm sympathetic to the player and not surprised that the match eventually tilted on a "controversial" call from him, and expect he'll be umpiring the reserves next week.

The AFL have already reached out to the umpire to officiate North vs Sydney.

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
Welcome aboard H to h and son.
Yeah, well, I was leaning towards Heart when they were the plucky little underdog v the big established club, but now they have been adopted by a global behemoth it's hard to hold that position. Mind you, there's a lot of Collingwoody attitude in the Victory crowd, the booing and the half time discussion about the refereeing (not how Wellington's forwards were cutting up the defence) was quite something, and the lol at you we have such big crowds, which is a bit hard to take.

On the plus side, my Scottish dad would be happy with the colours, there's the Big V, and above all now there's Archie's choice. So I guess that's settled.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Eh... well the Sixers have had plenty of dumb losses so let's not jinx ourselves for next time.

Yeah but the way they play it’s like 3’s or nothin. Sixers pretty much rested Simmons & Embiid for the last quarter. Butler didn’t even play. Sure it was a bad game but gees I nearly fell asleep

Yeah, well, I was leaning towards Heart when they were the plucky little underdog v the big established club, but now they have been adopted by a global behemoth it's hard to hold that position. Mind you, there's a lot of Collingwoody attitude in the Victory crowd, the booing and the half time discussion about the refereeing (not how Wellington's forwards were cutting up the defence) was quite something, and the lol at you we have such big crowds, which is a bit hard to take.

On the plus side, my Scottish dad would be happy with the colours, there's the Big V, and above all now there's Archie's choice. So I guess that's settled.

The chatter you heard is typical among the younger active supporters, not the older members. You don’t even notice such stuff after awhile, particularly as a foundation member who’s seen the full gamut of game day experiences from the terraces of Olympic Park to the plush and heaving surrounds of AAMI.

Enjoy anyway!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back