The Non-Footy Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Uh oh...

NRL commentator and radio host Andrew Voss said it was “bulls***” the boys team, which was undefeated throughout the tournament and boasted an average winning margin of 29 goals, was allowed to compete against the girls.

“How is that common sense?” Voss said on his SEN breakfast show. “You’re surely not going to endorse that as the way of the future, at Under-18s level.

“They say they want to be inclusive, not exclusive. That’s bulls***. It’s a farce.”

I understand the sentiment, but he is effectively saying women are inferior to men which in some circles I am sure he will get labelled as sexist.

I think some envisage "the way of the future" to redefine the concept of winning, much like the shift in education principles shifted the balance.

Last edited:
While watching the Jason Horne show on my phone, had the 2nd Womens ODI v India on the tv, and it was a ripper, chased down 275 odd, after being 3-34 and a lousy total of 8 runs from Healy, Lanning, and Perry, went right down to the wire, including a review of the final over, last ball wicket, which temporarily won the game for India being called a no ball, and subsequently scoring 2 runs off the extra ball to win by a run.

Manly, shown up twice. Maybe they weren't that good ?
Absolutely shown up twice. A bit tired too I reckon. Ah well stiff sh1t :-D

Manly, shown up twice. Maybe they weren't that good ?

They remind me of us making finals when unable to qualify for them in the top 4. More hype and hope than substance. Good riddance to them!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back