The Non-Footy Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Aussie Open draw organisers are arseholes... Duckworth gets Nadal first and then Ebden finally wins a game to get his arse kicked next.

How to schedule an Australian at the Australian Open:

i) Put them up against a top seed
ii) if no top seeds available -> put them up against another Australian

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Kyrgios imagines himself as the gutsy one who just like to be himself. Truth is he's probably closer to someone who doesn't want to give his all in preparation and matches for fear of coming up short.

Easier to tank when the heat is on and remain an enigmatic unrealised talent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 1, 2008
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool, Raiders, GSW, QPR, NYM
Certainly did his best to clutch defeat from victory for the last 3 sets.

Felt pretty good about the future Australian tennis until I read his opponent was ranked 166.

He doesn't have the weapons to be able to complete with anyone inside the Top 10. All he's got is a willingness to track everything down.

He'll be a highly ranked journeyman who will never be able to overcome the bigger hitters.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
He doesn't have the weapons to be able to complete with anyone inside the Top 10. All he's got is a willingness to track everything down.

This is your lane more than mine but frankly I'll take the latter considering some of the peahearts who have elected not to represent Australia in recent years.

Feb 19, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Certainly did his best to clutch defeat from victory for the last 3 sets.

Felt pretty good about the future Australian tennis until I read his opponent was ranked 166.
I just realised again how the organisers screwed us. Nadal gets to kill our last Aussie male entrant like he did his previous two opponents. Bugger me.

Apr 1, 2008
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool, Raiders, GSW, QPR, NYM
This is your lane more than mine but frankly I'll take the latter considering some of the peahearts who have elected not to represent Australia in recent years.
So our new Hewitt?

Yeah, it's great to support a guy that never gives up. Just speaking purely from a prospective success point of view, he doesn't have an elite attribute that can give him an edge over five sets in seven matches.

Grinding only gets you so far now. You need a big shot.

Hewitt was exactly the same, but it was a different sport 15 years ago when he was No. 1.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back