The Non-Footy Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Boston is a crazy sports town, it's something you need to see to fully appreciate.

It's a great place let alone its sporting culture but Melbourne stands shoulder to shoulder with any city in the world let alone factoring in punching above its weight.

New York - London - Paris - Melbourne. That's the tennis grand slam calendar. Only major sporting cities get into that lineup.

The only big thing to come out of Boston is Will hunting.

Lakers will win the title. Kobe will come out of retirement so that he can partner Lebron. Imagine the marketing...holy hell. It'd be like that time North recruited Polec to partner with Higgins.

Had to be the worst Super Bowl I’ve seen in 100 years. Putrid.
The Steve Lombardi Trophy should be heading to New Orleans. It’s tantamount to treason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had to be the worst Super Bowl I’ve seen in 100 years. Putrid.
The Steve Lombardi Trophy should be heading to New Orleans. It’s tantamount to treason.

Wasn't the greatest, brought back Sydney v WCE memories. I agree the defence was great, but the offence was quite poor, particularly play calling by Rams who just didn't use crossing routes or curls anywhere enough,

Not as

Not as good as the Lightning, Leafs, Washington or Pittsburgh. Though they are the Leafs' kryptonite so if they get them at the right time ...

I’ve tuned out a bit with the Rangers rebuilding.

Crosby and the Pens are like Brady and the Pats. I wonder how many cups Cindy will have before he gives it away.

I’ve tuned out a bit with the Rangers rebuilding.

Crosby and the Pens are like Brady and the Pats. I wonder how many cups Cindy will have before he gives it away.
Was it you saying the Leafs weren't winning anything with that blue line? Rielly breaking out to elite and picking up Muzzin changes that a bit. Thankfully gets Hainsey off the top pair and lets Gardiner and Dermott play easier minutes.

Still looks like Tampa are the Golden State of the league. Pens look just a bit off to me. Leafs are well in the chasing pack with them, Winnipeg, Boston, Washington. Someone will have to get hot at the right time to give the east a shake. Crosby/Malkin/Kessell, Mathews/Tavares/Marner/Nylander, Ovechkin/Kuznetsov/Oshie/Backstrom, Laine/Wheeler/Scheifele, and that damn Bergeron line are all explosive enough to light it up for a couple of weeks. Don't pay enough attention to the west to know how the hell Calgary got to be leading there. But nice to see 5 Canadian teams in playoff spots with 2 of them leading their divisions.

I thought Toronto would beat the 76ers but I’m surprised how comprehensive it was. Think RobZombie right, Philly have a top shelf starting 5 but the depth just isn’t there and always glaring when one of them doesn’t pla. Raptors roll deep, maybe not GSW deep, but very bloody deep.

Was it you saying the Leafs weren't winning anything with that blue line? Rielly breaking out to elite and picking up Muzzin changes that a bit. Thankfully gets Hainsey off the top pair and lets Gardiner and Dermott play easier minutes.

Still looks like Tampa are the Golden State of the league. Pens look just a bit off to me. Leafs are well in the chasing pack with them, Winnipeg, Boston, Washington. Someone will have to get hot at the right time to give the east a shake. Crosby/Malkin/Kessell, Mathews/Tavares/Marner/Nylander, Ovechkin/Kuznetsov/Oshie/Backstrom, Laine/Wheeler/Scheifele, and that damn Bergeron line are all explosive enough to light it up for a couple of weeks. Don't pay enough attention to the west to know how the hell Calgary got to be leading there. But nice to see 5 Canadian teams in playoff spots with 2 of them leading their divisions.

I've made comments about Leafs blue line so you are probably thinking of me haha. Muzzin was a great pick up.

Looks like Leafs will be in cap hell shortly after signing Matthews. Marner still to sign.

I thought Toronto would beat the 76ers but I’m surprised how comprehensive it was. Think RobZombie right, Philly have a top shelf starting 5 but the depth just isn’t there and always glaring when one of them doesn’t pla. Raptors roll deep, maybe not GSW deep, but very bloody deep.
Still befuddled as to how GSW became so useless as to lose by the third term.
And uh.... so Shamet became trade bait. That was unexpected.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back