The Non-Footy Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Gave up a fair bit.

Going for the GSW 'Big 5' approach.

But they only have four.

They did and lost fair bit of depth. Chandler made some starts for them and Shamut and Muscala were good bench options. 2 first rounders and one of them not protected.

Harris makes them better. Now let's see what Boston and Toronto do.

Was it you saying the Leafs weren't winning anything with that blue line? Rielly breaking out to elite and picking up Muzzin changes that a bit. Thankfully gets Hainsey off the top pair and lets Gardiner and Dermott play easier minutes.

Still looks like Tampa are the Golden State of the league. Pens look just a bit off to me. Leafs are well in the chasing pack with them, Winnipeg, Boston, Washington. Someone will have to get hot at the right time to give the east a shake. Crosby/Malkin/Kessell, Mathews/Tavares/Marner/Nylander, Ovechkin/Kuznetsov/Oshie/Backstrom, Laine/Wheeler/Scheifele, and that damn Bergeron line are all explosive enough to light it up for a couple of weeks. Don't pay enough attention to the west to know how the hell Calgary got to be leading there. But nice to see 5 Canadian teams in playoff spots with 2 of them leading their divisions.

Nah, I think Darko has owned that.

You’re right about the Canadian teams. Was in Toronto a couple of years back. * me they’re passionate about the Leafs. It was middle of summer too. All I heard about.

They did and lost fair bit of depth. Chandler made some starts for them and Shamut and Muscala were good bench options. 2 first rounders and one of them not protected.

Harris makes them better. Now let's see what Boston and Toronto do.

I really like the what Philly have done. Their bench has been really weak imo and when they’re down a starting 5 they always lose. They think their window is open so they’re not expecting those picks to be high

Pressure on Liverpool after City's result this morning. Their game in hand's against United too, which makes it even more interesting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fultz off to Orlando for Jonathan Simmons and a first & second round pick.

On one hand it’s overs for someone who never plays and on the other it’s a bust for a No1 pick.

Like the way the Sixers gave up heaps for players that become free agents almost as soon as they get there. How far away is this from happening in the afl?

I've made comments about Leafs blue line so you are probably thinking of me haha. Muzzin was a great pick up.

Looks like Leafs will be in cap hell shortly after signing Matthews. Marner still to sign.
I think as long as they can keep the Marner deal close to 10 they'll be ok. Next year is the one year that looks super tight. After Marleau comes off the books there's a bit more wiggle room. Mathews probably left some money on the table too.

The problem Muzzin solves, apart from being an extra good D is that he's on 4.5 next year while Gardiner would be getting at least 6.5 on the FA market. So they've effectively sorted his replacement a year early for unders. Rielly and Kadri are locked in on good deals relative to their current production and Tavares took a bit of a home town discount. The one terrible deal is that contract Lamoriello gave Zaitsev. If they can offload that they're sweet.

Did you notice Mathews got his number 34 in the annual cap hit number? $11,634,000. Crosby apparently does that too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back