The Non-Footy Sports Discussion Thread

I thought Toronto would beat the 76ers but I’m surprised how comprehensive it was. Think RobZombie right, Philly have a top shelf starting 5 but the depth just isn’t there and always glaring when one of them doesn’t pla. Raptors roll deep, maybe not GSW deep, but very bloody deep.
Wright and Miles in that Marc Gasol deal hits their depth a bit. With all the outbound players sitting they're running a 9 man rotation tonight :oops:.

Just quietly my boys Atalanta sitting 5th in the classifica. Milan 1 point clear in 4th and they play in Bergamo this week. No else cares, but I care. Atalanta are the North Melbourne of Italian football.

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
Suck a moderate amount of faeces America. Australia beats the 2nd seed in Fed Cup.
Top seeds Czech also crashed out.
That was a good win, thought they would close it out with greater experience. Ash Barty with three victories to seal it - including singles over Keys and doubles with a debutante partner - seems to be growing in value by the day.

Feb 19, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
That was a good win, thought they would close it out with greater experience. Ash Barty with three victories to seal it - including singles over Keys and doubles with a debutante partner - seems to be growing in value by the day.
Some salty Americans hoping Belarus thrash us and making "aww we were missing some people" excuses.
Who's really heard of Priscilla Hon?

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Awesome photo
1137F3E2-7595-41C0-99BD-FC485421DC7C.jpeg

kangaspurs

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham, Melbourne City FC
Why did the NBA move away from the East vs West all-star system, and into some contrived captains pick thing?

At least in the former they were teams that were somewhat representing something.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
76ers continue to make Twitter nerds express their Anti-Australian sentiments (they probably think Donovan deserved RotY despite being sixer "fans") and Warriors don't even show up. Fun day.

Did you see any of the game? Hard to watch. Sixers looked so lethargic. Trae Young tho, he’s going to be a superstar

susurrar

All Australian
Apr 30, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
just saw the gaethje ko on barboza. this guy is a savage. i think he has the unique skillset to be the toughest matchup for khabib but im not sure he can make it all the way to a title shot.

just saw the gaethje ko on barboza. this guy is a savage. i think he has the unique skillset to be the toughest matchup for khabib but im not sure he can make it all the way to a title shot.

I don't normally follow or watch ufc but I watched the replay or the highlights on youtube. Apart from the camera work being too zoomed in... when Gaethje had Barboza against the ring fence he was pushing/driving his head into barboza's throat region constantly, I presume to cut off his air supply and tweak the nerves under his jaw. Are you allowed to attack someone's throat in UFC?

Mar 17, 2012
Caught in the web.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I don't normally follow or watch ufc but I watched the replay or the highlights on youtube. Apart from the camera work being too zoomed in... when Gaethje had Barboza against the ring fence he was pushing/driving his head into barboza's throat region constantly, I presume to cut off his air supply and tweak the nerves under his jaw. Are you allowed to attack someone's throat in UFC?

Yep.

Back