The Non-Footy Sports Discussion Thread

I have no idea tbh. There’s a few who blew their money. Iverson, Sprewell, Duncan, Larry Johnson. Pretty sure there’s even a few that are homeless

Tim Duncan blew his money? On what?

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Tim Duncan blew his money? On what?

Don’t know. I just googled broke NBA players and he came up. I should’ve done more research because he’s not broke but did lose a lot of money

NBA Stars Who Blew Their Millions
  • #24: Sheryl Swoopes.
  • #25: Eric Williams. ...
  • #26: Larry Johnson. ...
  • #27: Erick Strickland. ...
  • #28: Tim Duncan. ...
  • #29: Latrell Sprewell. ...
  • #30: David Harrison. ...
  • NBA Stars Who Blew Their Millions. According to a Sports Illustrated report from 2009, an estimated 60 percent of NBA players go broke within five years of retirement. ...

The Greatest Power Forward of All Time didn't go bankrupt, yet Tim Duncan lost over $25 million due to bad advice from an adviser. But when you have the sixth-highest career earnings in NBA history at over $242 million, you can take a $25 million hit and survive.

Duncan sued the adviser on a matter of principle, filing the lawsuit for just $1 million. And the five-time NBA champion may end up getting much more as a federal judge said the adviser has to pay Duncan $7.5 million in restitution.

That adviser also was handed a four-year prison sentence for fraud and ripping off Duncan in a financing investment deal.

big_e

Existential crisis management consultant
Apr 28, 2008
Back Pocket
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers
I have no idea tbh. There’s a few who blew their money. Iverson, Sprewell, Duncan, Larry Johnson. Pretty sure there’s even a few that are homeless
There was a 30 for 30 doco on athletes who go broke - some of them just spend it because they can, and they don't realise at some point the party stops.

Meanwhile, Kawhi Leonard was still driving his high school car when he was making $20m + per year:

“It runs … and it’s paid off”

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
There was a 30 for 30 doco on athletes who go broke - some of them just spend it because they can, and they don't realise at some point the party stops.

Meanwhile, Kawhi Leonard was still driving his high school car when he was making $20m + per year:

“It runs … and it’s paid off”

Love Kawhi. He’s driving everyone crazy right now

Back