The Non-Footy Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

T

There was a bit of rain in the afternoon. 75 percent humidity will kick up a few points.
Couch grass pitch? Looks high pile from here :-D

Geez we play sh!t football. We knock the ball out wide and then whoever those blokes are come straight back in. Have we not got a winger in the whole joint that can take on a defender and put in a cross?? We certainly do not have enough talent to pass our way through the top of the box. We have a bloke 7 foot tall and put the corner to the back post?!?! Hard to watch.

Geez we play sh!t football. We knock the ball out wide and then whoever those blokes are come straight back in. Have we not got a winger in the whole joint that can take on a defender and put in a cross?? We certainly do not have enough talent to pass our way through the top of the box. We have a bloke 7 foot tall and put the corner to the back post?!?! Hard to watch.
s**t pitch, fricken hot and no crowd. There were a lot of balls that flew high which happens when you have such a spongy, uneven pitch.

Take the points and move on.

Arzani out wide would be the hope mate.

Can Mayo finally break the curse in the All-Ireland Gaelic Football Final?

Mayo have appeared in ten finals since winning their last title in 1951, losing them all (1989, 1996 after a replay, 1997, 2004, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2016 after a replay, 2017 and 2020); this is the longest unbroken sequence of losing finals in the history of the competition. Four of these losses have been by 1 point, two of these were in replays.
Do it for Aileen Gilroy I say!

Mayo have appeared in ten finals since winning their last title in 1951, losing them all (1989, 1996 after a replay, 1997, 2004, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2016 after a replay, 2017 and 2020); this is the longest unbroken sequence of losing finals in the history of the competition. Four of these losses have been by 1 point, two of these were in replays.

Ouch.

Do they where guernsey’s with black and white vertical stripes by any chance?!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And how's the 40+ metre 2 point field goal from Paps to finish it all off!?

My drop kicks tend to go about 5 metres after they bounce off my nose or head.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back