The Non-Footy Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Storm are elite. They just keep doing it. That was a sensational win.
There was an interesting piece of commentary a couple of weeks ago where one of the commentators mentioned that even big Nelson was sliding in taking the legs in tackles. You add that to Bellamy a week or so ago saying that they had been training with the finals in mind for a couple of weeks. Fast forward to last night and the commentators come out with "don't bother tackling Tommy Turbo up high, you need to go for his legs, stop him running, pushing out of tackles" or words to that effect. Tommy was very quiet last night, and so many tackles, especially early, hit him low and wrapped up his legs. Awesome rugby league. Train for the finals and minimise your opponents strength.

Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au
There was an interesting piece of commentary a couple of weeks ago where one of the commentators mentioned that even big Nelson was sliding in taking the legs in tackles. You add that to Bellamy a week or so ago saying that they had been training with the finals in mind for a couple of weeks. Fast forward to last night and the commentators come out with "don't bother tackling Tommy Turbo up high, you need to go for his legs, stop him running, pushing out of tackles" or words to that effect. Tommy was very quiet last night, and so many tackles, especially early, hit him low and wrapped up his legs. Awesome rugby league. Train for the finals and minimise your opponents strength.

In the end Tommy turbo didn’t want the ball - the storm broke him.
Awesome performance

WHAT A FINISH to the Rooters vs Titans elimination final.

That final play in the last minute is worth a watch! Should have given it to Fifita and everyone else get the fk out of the way.

OMG!!!! Pass the ball you dwax!!!!! Titans, down a point, inside last minute run the almost the length of the deck, tackle, a couple of long passes and 1 duffus tries to take on 3 and flip out a backhander ..... they had 2 spare on the outside!!!!! Farrrrrkkrkrkrkrkrkrkk

WHAT A FINISH to the Rooters vs Titans elimination final.

That final play in the last minute is worth a watch!
Omg he will be cut in the summer that bloke

Our boy Danny Ric has qualified in 2nd at Monza having finished 3rd in the sprint (started from 5th) behind Bottas and Verstappen with Norris 4th and Hamilton 5th. Bottas starts from the rear of the grid tomorrow night due to a power unit change.

It should be interesting seeing Max and Dan on the front row fighting it out into turn one with Max looking at the bigger picture and Dan looking for a race win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
You bewdy!
1F5C47AE-D696-4ACD-B1FC-0546666D9F7C.jpeg

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Well that was one of the best F1 races I have ever watched and probably takes me back to Adelaide and Mansell’s tyre explosion in 1985. It had everything, close racing, a leader that felt like it was going to falter on any given lap and the incredible collision of two Bulls.

Three years it’s taken and many late nights in between but it was a fantastic drive.

Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Any chance the NRL will reschedule Storms game? Surely channel 9 would be angry. I don’t follow league, but this just seems like a bad commercial decision with 2 Melbourne teams in the AFL GF.

Storm finished on top and should get the extra days rest before GF

Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Like I wrote I don’t really follow it, was just interested because I know a lot of Storm supporters aren’t happy about it.

Does the fixture fall in line with what is normal?

NRL do pretty much the opposite of the AFL, in that they don’t care about the new markets.
They do everything to spite the storm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back